Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Quite a busy day at work, just a pity it was trying to sort out things that are not our problem. The new processing system doesn't let us clear any cargo unless documents have been electronically uploaded in exactly the right format and with a specific file name structure to change the notification status. We can override this, but it requires us to upload file to force the status change. As a result I spent over two hours going through the backlog and sorting out 25+ shipments stuck at the port for over 48 hours.

Those responsible for the system don't understand it either and just keep telling the agents to email the paperwork to us which is of no use :banghead:

Sounds like a system where the requirements were described by the management, who also tested it as fit for purpose.:ohmy:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Recovering from a looong day of teaching, with a multiple-in-one seminar where a colleague's students from two seminars ended up in mine plus his students from yesterday - 43 students isn't a seminar, it's a mini-lecture. Plus a later seminar of far less students, primarily because quite a few hadn't submitted their work due today.

Now I'm up checking on queries from those who have to submit by midnight.

:surrender:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Having worked with technology I refused a smart meter when our meter died & they replaced it with a S/H dumb meter.

I've had several 'discussions' over them fitting 'smart' meters at the house, they fall on their ars* when I tell them I know what the meters are really for........................If one is fitted the energy companies can tell at what hour of the day power/gas is used so it is possible to charge different prices at 'peak times' so expect energy to be more expensive then, the opposite of 'Economy 7 'call this hearsay/conspiracy theory but I believe it to be coming (ties in with electric car use rising)
It goes along with the 'door to door' salesmen asking "who is your curent supplier and how much do you pay" I refuse to tell them knowing we already have the best deal going at the moment and are on a 'fixed price' tarriff (dual fuel on direct debit) until April of next year so we have yet to see a price increase unllke a mate who was constantly switching which was OK until the present crisis when the supplier he was with went 'tits up' so he's now on a much higher price paying about twice what we do for a 2 bed terraced house as we pay for a 3 bed semi

Got a massive fit of giggles voting in the by-election earlier. 'Howling' Laud Hope was the Monster Loony candidate, who had been joint-leader with Cat-Mandu.
1669941428881.png

Got a massive fit of giggles voting in the by-election earlier. 'Howling' Laud Hope was the Monster Loony candidate, who had been joint-leader with Cat-Mandu.
View attachment 669775

The cat would do the best job of all of them if you ask me... ^_^

Top Bottom