Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A long overdue building site update

The 2 tower cores are now complete and they are now fitting the housing blocks around the core.

Each block arrives on a low loader. Each one is a complete room, with electrics and plumbing already built in etc They are lifted into place then slotted together like a giant jigsaw.

As you can see, the first floor of blocks are in place

upload_2017-4-26_10-22-0.png

The next floor of blocks are now arriving and being hoisted into place.

upload_2017-4-26_10-24-2.png

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Excellent! Saw him live supporting Tina Turner at Wembley in the 80s. It was half empty until Tina came on when it soon became rammed, they missed a great performance. Mrs FF went for Tina, I went for Robert!
I'm such a bad influence....
I saw him at Glastonbury in 87, stunning.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A long overdue building site update

The 2 tower cores are now complete and they are now fitting the housing blocks around the core.

Each block arrives on a low loader. Each one is a complete room, with electrics and plumbing already built in etc They are lifted into place then slotted together like a giant jigsaw.

As you can see, the first floor of blocks are in place

View attachment 349443

The next floor of blocks are now arriving and being hoisted into place.

View attachment 349444
The day before yesterday I was taking a minicab home over the bridge and the cabbie wondered out loud why they'd built it so tall and so narrow. I think I'd managed to get him to see it as the block's backbone by the time we'd reached Deptford High Street. This may be an overly optimistic view of my pedagogic powers.....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The day before yesterday I was taking a minicab home over the bridge and the cabbie wondered out loud why they'd built it so tall and so narrow. I think I'd managed to get him to see it as the block's backbone by the time we'd reached Deptford High Street. This may be an overly optimistic view of my pedagogic powers.....

We had a visitor to the office who said the same thing. ie That's the thinnest block of flats I've ever seen ^_^

Top Bottom