Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My car is in for MOT and service tomorrow. The plan is to chuck the bike in the back, drive to the garage, take the bike out, go for a ride and pick the car up on the way back.

I wanged my walking boots in the back and had a nice bimble around the playing fields, nature reserve and community orchard that's only 5 mins away from the garage. Did a spot of hedgerow foraging that resulted in a respectable quantity of walnuts and meddlars.

Car failed its MOT on the tyre - they'll do that for me in the morning, and then it's all sorted.

classic33

Leg End Member
I wanged my walking boots in the back and had a nice bimble around the playing fields, nature reserve and community orchard that's only 5 mins away from the garage. Did a spot of hedgerow foraging that resulted in a respectable quantity of walnuts and meddlars.

Car failed its MOT on the tyre - they'll do that for me in the morning, and then it's all sorted.
Check before you go, and tell them.
https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
what they failed it on.

Speicher

Vice Admiral

Walnuts - that will be the major ingredient of a cake will it? ^_^

Even though i only work Monday-Wednesday i thought id treat myself to a day’s leave tomorrow.

As my good lady also has Wednesdays off i thought i might tempt her with lunch and cinema.

I’m not generally a cinema fan, but have been tempted by the “mahoosive comfy seats” available in the Showcase Cinema in Peterborough.

The last time we went to the cinema together was in 1991! :eek: It was Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe and i remember letting myself down badly by falling asleep and snoring rather loudly after the first 30 minutes. :blush:

I’m thinking we might watch the latest remake of ‘A Star is Born’ with Bradley Cooper and Lady Garrelous.

Has anyone seen it?

I expect its a bit of a Chick Flick so may turn out to be fairly mundane, although I’ll make a special effort to stay awake until the end. Who says the age of chivelry is dead?

I can report that i managed to stay awake for the whole film.

It is a bit of a chick flick, but watchable all the same.

Bradley Cooper was particularly good.

Top Bottom