Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
There is unclaimed bin sitting outside a house a few doors down. It's the black one with the pink lid for food and garden waste.
You're thinking about reclaiming it!

MikeG

Guru
.........I'm banned from recycling.....

There's a story here, classic, which needs telling. Come on, spit it out.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's a story here, classic, which needs telling. Come on, spit it out.
I was able to take mine, along with larger items(fridge freezers, three piece suites) to the recycling centres by pedal cycle. Council decided I was a pedestrian doing it for profit, so I was banned from recycling.

A few years later they introduced the multiple recycling containers. But I'm not allowed to use them.

Waste carriers licence now got, I've just to supply my driving licence, for the vehicle used, before they'll issue the permit that allows me on site.

I was able to take mine, along with larger items(fridge freezers, three piece suites) to the recycling centres by pedal cycle. Council decided I was a pedestrian doing it for profit, so I was banned from recycling.

A few years later they introduced the multiple recycling containers. But I'm not allowed to use them.

Waste carriers licence now got, I've just to supply my driving licence, for the vehicle used, before they'll issue the permit that allows me on site.

So if you'd done it by car there would have been no problem?

Top Bottom