Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It is H O T warm out there. I have managed to fit both discs and pads now and the car is back on the ground . I will try them out later . One side was easier to do than the other, so the second side went together quickly .

Ah new discs, you'll be OK. Took a week for my new pads to bed into my old discs before I was happy with them !

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I picked up some post from my old address yesterday. Do NS&I really send bogus premium bond prizes out? (That's not my real name, despite occasionally feeling like him.)
IMG_20190521_162204.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fark.. Just had to go on full 'hulk' mode with my 18 1/2 year old son (T1 diabetic) - including out-running him downstairs at my age... not good.

Bad blood sugars - daughter's friends 'wound him up'. Wife went in to talk to him on arrival home, he got 'very nasty'. I keep clear usually as I get full on with a Type 1 in a sugar rage - it's not much fun - like being coked up (i.e. drugs)...

I had to block him and get 'angry' - he'd already punched a hole in a door and kicked his mum, so this was no messing. He was screaming 'you've assaulted me' - I just literally got Mr Nasty and stood in his face ( just blocking). I backed down, then he legged it down stairs - wife worried about his mental health, I had to move it. Caught him in the lounge and 'bear hugged him' to stop him smacking me, and pinned him on the floor before he hurt folks. That was very hard...

Not nice, but it's kept him out of a hospital admission that would fark up any chances of car insurance shortly.... might have bust my toe in the mess.

Thank flip I still keep fit... sheesh... as an old flake, I managed to control him...

He's very apologetic now his sugars are back in range - just gave him a hug - god it's a farkin horrible condition....

classic33

Leg End Member
Fark.. Just had to go on full 'hulk' mode with my 18 1/2 year old son (T1 diabetic) - including out-running him downstairs at my age... not good.

Bad blood sugars - daughter's friends 'wound him up'. Wife went in to talk to him on arrival home, he got 'very nasty'. I keep clear usually as I get full on with a Type 1 in a sugar rage - it's not much fun - like being coked up (i.e. drugs)...

I had to block him and get 'angry' - he'd already punched a hole in a door and kicked his mum, so this was no messing. He was screaming 'you've assaulted me' - I just literally got Mr Nasty and stood in his face ( just blocking). I backed down, then he legged it down stairs - wife worried about his mental health, I had to move it. Caught him in the lounge and 'bear hugged him' to stop him smacking me, and pinned him on the floor before he hurt folks. That was very hard...

Not nice, but it's kept him out of a hospital admission that would fark up any chances of car insurance shortly.... might have bust my toe in the mess.

Thank flip I still keep fit... sheesh... as an old flake, I managed to control him...

He's very apologetic now his sugars are back in range - just gave him a hug - god it's a farkin horrible condition....
No condition that stops people being "normal" and requiring medication at his age can be classed as/called good.

It makes the person stand out from everyone else around them. Often with some of them doing their best to remind them of this.

tyred

Legendary Member
80 miles on a Brompton! Chapeau.
It wasn't planned, should have been around 50 but tried to decided to try a different route and got hopelessly lost then several diverts due to roadworks, one which sent me on to a horribly busy main road so I tried to find another route which proved to be much longer than it looked on my map.

Brompton is fine for a long ride really but I did walk a few hills.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

Ouch!

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
I enjoyed the late afternoon and evening sunshine by finally finishing planting up my pots and bedding plants. Poor things were a bit pot bound as I'd bought them with my birthday money 3 weeks ago. Looking forward to a display of sweet peas as they are my favourite non yellow flowers. Other non yellow favourites include fushias and lavender.
Otherwise, my roses, petunias and begonias and various daisy looking flowers are all yellow.

Top Bottom