Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I use a small HP, which has card port for SD, two USB ports and an HDMI port as well. I think it cost me a bit north of $200. Intel Celeron processor, Emmc storage. Not a big machine, but very convenient.
We tried a HP desktop but my wife couldn't stand the noise ! It had wire legs which I think may have transmitted the sound to our wooden table . I couldn't hear a thing ! I'm a bit deaf !
Our new Acer has 2 USB ports and some other new fangled ports which we don't have a use for . We use one USB for our mouse so that doesn't leave much else .

Very mild, sunny and very breezy here chez Casa Reynard.

Although the latter may be down to the quantity of peas consumed yesterday... :laugh:

Anyways, I have done a load of laundry, put away a load of stuff that I didn't do last week cos it was too cold, potatoes have been peeled and the crock pot is locked and loaded with the filling for tonight's beef and onion pie.

While doing that, I have been thinking about how to build the upper wishbones for the Higman. I might have a possible solution, but until I try a prototype, I won't know if it will work. The problem I have is that a) I don't have clear pictures of the component and b) they are structural, so I have to make sure they won't break.

Anyways, it's almost lunchtime and I have a hungry. :hungry:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We tried a HP desktop but my wife couldn't stand the noise ! It had wire legs which I think may have transmitted the sound to our wooden table . I couldn't hear a thing ! I'm a bit deaf !
Our new Acer has 2 USB ports and some other new fangled ports which we don't have a use for . We use one USB for our mouse so that doesn't leave much else .

My wife treated herself to this..

Acer Zen Book Duo, after her old work machine was touch - very nice it is too. Well Jealous.

You'll have HDMI and the new USB C which you might not recognise.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Well, that's the bulk of stuff moved. A chesterfield sofa and few other bits from the fabulous charity Emmaus and from Friday I'm living and working by the seaside. All I have to do on the weekend is unpack everything!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:sad:

The house is a complete mess everywhere. It is cold from having the the doors and windows open to circulate fresh hair, and there is a horrible smell of paint.

Bob is very discombobulated, Kizzy not so much. I cannot relax on the sofa and watch tv this evening cos of all the covers on the furniture in there.
Instead I have an exciting (not) Zoo meeting tonight. I managed two hours out in the garden, before running the risk of getting swept by the icy wind in the direction of some hills.

Top Bottom