Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
putting your hand in a box of lobsters that are fully awake from having little ice is entertainment for a man having a beer watching.
lol, yeah from a distance. I've cooked them myself, but usually after a little tequila & beer on vacation w/ friends. I don't like holding down the lid while they kick until dead

I've just made an offer on the Bay of E for a secondhand ladies' Fabric Scoop. I believe that's the equivalent of the Charge Ladle, but a little bit poshified.

Am at my wit's end with the Selle SMP - it's OK for about half an hour or so, and then hurty botty. :sad: It's less noticeable when riding on tarmac, but when riding off road, it feels like I'm sat on a meat tenderizer.

I went all Yorkshire when I looked at buying a Ladle from the US... :blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
I've just made an offer on the Bay of E for a secondhand ladies' Fabric Scoop. I believe that's the equivalent of the Charge Ladle, but a little bit poshified.

Am at my wit's end with the Selle SMP - it's OK for about half an hour or so, and then hurty botty. :sad: It's less noticeable when riding on tarmac, but when riding off road, it feels like I'm sat on a meat tenderizer.

I went all Yorkshire when I looked at buying a Ladle from the US... :blush:
Oi!!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Beans must not touch the egg, it is a cardinal rule. On a breakfast platter for instance the beans must be isolated from the other elements with a toast barrier.
Those are hard and fast rules.

Beans make the toast soft and are a disaster with fried bread. Mind, I prefer my toast with marmalade & the like.

I like it! A bacon bandage. I think that sailors use the same sort of thing when the hull of their yacht gets punctured by a passing whale, mid-ocean.

Isn't that rather wasteful? After all, they could use a sail or something like that, rather than bacon.

mybike

Haircut done. Let's see if yesterday's students notice today. Probably not :whistle:

Could be they'll be too polite.

mybike

Reading of rides reminded me. I actually went out for a ride yesterday. I had a route I was planning to try, the worst part was getting to the other side of the main road at the end of our lane!

All would have been well if I'd actually learnt how to use my GPS, however, I failed to select the route & ended up not turning right when required. I was distracted, however, by a dad & two sons, the youngest of whom was having trouble keeping up.

I ended up thinking I'd got where I planned & returning the same way, when I'd actually reached the road I should have continued on. Still, it means I've an excuse for another ride.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
have not tried that. but funny you should mention that chain. recently while taking a solo road trip & had a craving for lobster tails, using the Waze app, I was able to plot a detour along my route to a Red Lobster restaurant. donned my mask & asked for a take-out menu. but was given the regular menu & invited into the empty bar room. where I proceeded to order some drinks & lunch & sat in a booth to chow down. I ordered a lobster "bake" w/ pasta, mussels & shrimp
View attachment 583736
the bartender had to bring me more sauce because the meal was completely devoid of flavor. after adding the sauce it was fine. in fact 2 days later Wifey was still smelling garlic on my breath. however, the lobster tails were the size of shrimp & had no actual lobster flavor to them (probably frozen). shrimp & mussels the same. I've been only disappointed by that chain & I only go back out of desperation. for us, the best lobster meals are on "the cape". what I really wanted is some good old fashioned baked stuffed lobster tails that taste like lobster, w/ bread crumbs & butter. some crab meat in the stuffing is fine

a favorite haunt of ours is PJ's in Wellfleet, MA. it's best to eat what you order right there on a picnic table. once the fried clams & french fries are wrapped up & you drive a mile to the beach they are already no longer hot & crispy. the fried clams & grilled hot dogs are the best, there. the lobster rolls have no flavor. the best lobster roll I ever had was in Chatham, MA during a street festival from an outdoor vendor setup under a tent. go figure ... super delicious! perfect temperature & amount. where-as PJ's was over stuffed, too cold & had no flavor

been tempted to buy lobster tails at the local grocery store & have a go of it myself at home but I'm too afraid they cooked the ones that were getting old or died. also don't know how long ago they cut the tails off the ones they didn't cook. took some pics last weekend to show Wifey
View attachment 583738
View attachment 583739
but she doesn't eat lobster, so I'm on my own, in that regard ...
I live about 800 miles from the ocean, a far piece to go. I'll agree that seafood in your neck of the woods is far superior to much of what is available in chain restaurants, although I have a couple of places I can go to get good seafood, I have to then cook it myself. Much of the problem with restaurant fare is in preparation, I believe. Probably a lot of sous- vide going on there.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
have not tried that. but funny you should mention that chain. recently while taking a solo road trip & had a craving for lobster tails, using the Waze app, I was able to plot a detour along my route to a Red Lobster restaurant. donned my mask & asked for a take-out menu. but was given the regular menu & invited into the empty bar room. where I proceeded to order some drinks & lunch & sat in a booth to chow down. I ordered a lobster "bake" w/ pasta, mussels & shrimp
View attachment 583736
the bartender had to bring me more sauce because the meal was completely devoid of flavor. after adding the sauce it was fine. in fact 2 days later Wifey was still smelling garlic on my breath. however, the lobster tails were the size of shrimp & had no actual lobster flavor to them (probably frozen). shrimp & mussels the same. I've been only disappointed by that chain & I only go back out of desperation. for us, the best lobster meals are on "the cape". what I really wanted is some good old fashioned baked stuffed lobster tails that taste like lobster, w/ bread crumbs & butter. some crab meat in the stuffing is fine

a favorite haunt of ours is PJ's in Wellfleet, MA. it's best to eat what you order right there on a picnic table. once the fried clams & french fries are wrapped up & you drive a mile to the beach they are already no longer hot & crispy. the fried clams & grilled hot dogs are the best, there. the lobster rolls have no flavor. the best lobster roll I ever had was in Chatham, MA during a street festival from an outdoor vendor setup under a tent. go figure ... super delicious! perfect temperature & amount. where-as PJ's was over stuffed, too cold & had no flavor

been tempted to buy lobster tails at the local grocery store & have a go of it myself at home but I'm too afraid they cooked the ones that were getting old or died. also don't know how long ago they cut the tails off the ones they didn't cook. took some pics last weekend to show Wifey
View attachment 583738
View attachment 583739
but she doesn't eat lobster, so I'm on my own, in that regard ...
Wait a minute! Your Red Lobster has a bar? Ours has liquor, but table service only.

Top Bottom