Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Been for another ride, for a couple of hours. Post Covid status is so far, so good..

1FB4D2AD-10C1-47F8-8EE5-AF3C87E66593.jpeg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Horrible dreich morning but I managed to get my walk in between the showers.

One of life's simple pleasures is putting on nice warm socks straight from the radiator :becool:

Radiator warmed pants are good as well

Mild, blustery and occasionally sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well, watched Switzerland v Cameroon while doing various bits, and then filled up all the wood bins in the house. I have to take the parental unit erranding this afternoon.

Am down to my last can of baked beans, but I seem to have accumulated about ten cans of garden peas.

Anyways, time for luncheon.

simongt

Guru
Ahh, I mind of them well. ^_^ My favorite smoke back in t'day when I did. Packed it in back in 1987.
The advantage of Gitanes was that, being strong tasting, when it came to 'flashing the ash' at teabreaks, only the occasional brave sould would be tempted - ! :laugh: Result being that although Gitanes were more expensive; 29p. vs. 26p. for Embassy, each packet lasted longer - ! :okay:

Gwylan

Veteran
Some rodent has dined on Vanessa's wiring. Result is she's feeling a bit flat.

An update. Also had a go at nibbling the seatbelts. Front driver has to be replaced.
Now sprayed with anti marmot spray. Left over from an incident in Belgium. Suppose it might works for rats or mink or whatever.

Replacing the seat belt will be another matter.
Positive was I cycled there and back. Obliged to stop in the pub for lunch.
Some good came out of it all.

No rain, jolly cold and very windy.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
If I hadn't of changed them I would have been locked out!
My personal passwords, however, are changed at my whim.

Sounds like an old, probably insecure system.

mybike

I used to have knitting machine parts with tiny screws and if one dropped it was a problem. Nobody was allowed to move unless on hands and knees with a torch head down and arse up looking for it as tiny screws could travel a surprising distance from dropping point. It must have looked a bit strange to anybody coming into the workshop to see nothing but backsides.
A touch of grease on the end of a finger usually worked to pick the bits up.

An excellent reason to keep the floor clean, so you can see the *!**!.

mybike

God, school sports. How I hated it.
I was the last one to be chosen for cricket and basketball. Catching dyspraxia. Known as kack handed in those days.

Seems there's a few of us.

But rugby was another matter altogether. A lethal second row.

But athletics I could make a difference, I was a middle distance performer with strong performance in the high and long jump.

I had the weight to make a decent back, but I wasn't great & we didn't play that much. Athletics I was useless at. What a shame we never did cycling as a sport.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Seems there's a few of us.

I had the weight to make a decent back, but I wasn't great & we didn't play that much. Athletics I was useless at. What a shame we never did cycling as a sport.

I got through the entire school system refusing to do sport point blank. Never had the remotest interest in any sport to this day. Cycling has always been transport for me.

Top Bottom