Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just got back from Tübingen. I have to say the "Rail replacement bus" was a good deal better than I thought: express service from Stuttgart Station to Tübingen station, non-stop, and they let me take the Brompton...

tyred

Legendary Member
This must have been one of the wettest afternoons I ever remember :rain: I sure pick my days to take a half-day!

I took my car to have the front tyres replaced as they were getting near the limit so am now the proud owner of two new Kumhos. I had never been to that tyre centre before but choose it as they accept the shopping vouchers I get from work as bonuses sometimes. Impressed they did use an air gun to remove the wheels but refitted them manually and finished off with a torque wrench.

Another customer was there to put new tyres on a recently purchased Suzuki S-Cross only to discover the seller hadn't given them the lock key thing for the locking wheel nuts on their posh alloys. Oops! 😬 They basically had the car turned inside out looking for it!

Whie I was out in the car anyway, I ventured for fish and chips by the sea and a very blustery walk on the beach but managed to dodge any showers. In fact, it was better at the coast than further inland.

IMG_20240328_171309.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've just received a copy of the consultation document about speed limits on the M621 post-roadworks.

Given it's aimed at everyone in West Yorkshire (companies, public, etc.) only 34 people responded to the consultation document and only 18 of those were members of the public.

And yes, I was one of those 18. And my suggestions are part of the new policy. Sometimes, just sometimes, it's worth commenting. I did so about 18 months ago for a new cycle lane they were putting in and they made a slight change, the result of which makes that section of my commute a little bit safer.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
This must have been one of the wettest afternoons I ever remember :rain: I sure pick my days to take a half-day!

I took my car to have the front tyres replaced as they were getting near the limit so am now the proud owner of two new Kumhos. I had never been to that tyre centre before but choose it as they accept the shopping vouchers I get from work as bonuses sometimes. Impressed they did use an air gun to remove the wheels but refitted them manually and finished off with a torque wrench.

Another customer was there to put new tyres on a recently purchased Suzuki S-Cross only to discover the seller hadn't given them the lock key thing for the locking wheel nuts on their posh alloys. Oops! 😬 They basically had the car turned inside out looking for it!

Whie I was out in the car anyway, I ventured for fish and chips by the sea and a very blustery walk on the beach but managed to dodge any showers. In fact, it was better at the coast than further inland.

View attachment 725748

I lost a wheel nut lock key once and had to pay for them to drill into the wheel nuts to get the wheels off and then pay for a new key. I doubt I'll lose one again....

tyred

Legendary Member
I think I'll take an early night and read for a bit. Tomorrow is to be dry but cold so hope for a decent length ride.

The joys of having a day off - I've switched off the alarm clock; although in reality, I will be wide awake half an hour before it goes off like i usually am anyway.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
These are the sort of days that I like. All the rain happened either while I was on the train or indoors, an app order error gave me a large fish, chips and a pint for £6.25 (I'm sure Mr. Martin can afford it), the band were superb and the venue was doing Brewdog for under £4 per pint 👍
Let's just say that I will not be having an early breakfast on Friday.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've just received a copy of the consultation document about speed limits on the M621 post-roadworks.

Given it's aimed at everyone in West Yorkshire (companies, public, etc.) only 34 people responded to the consultation document and only 18 of those were members of the public.

And yes, I was one of those 18. And my suggestions are part of the new policy. Sometimes, just sometimes, it's worth commenting. I did so about 18 months ago for a new cycle lane they were putting in and they made a slight change, the result of which makes that section of my commute a little bit safer.
I did similar for the cycle lanes on the New York Road. Don't think they actually wanted sensible suggestions, on those or the Leeds-Bradford "cycling superhighway".

I gave up on LCC shortly after.

Top Bottom