Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
ITV was "Thames TV" and "London Weekend Television" for me.

I can still remember the two bar long Thames TV jingle.

Yep.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Bay E of its getting ahead of itself. I have been reading some Maigret detective novels in French and buying a few secondhand copies on Bay E.

Maigret in French sounds complicated, but it is mainly conversations in the present tense. I have some Agatha Christie books in French, but the Maigret ones seems to flow better, if that makes sense.

I have recently joined an on-line group that discusses Margery Allingham books, along with her interest in knitting and dressmaking.

Bay E has now decided that I should be reading Margery Allingham books in French. :scratch:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Decided to take the trike on a forest track I used to cycle regularly, mostly on a Sunday morning.
Not been down there for quite a long time and a bit shaken in a literal sense as the surface was really not suitable for a trike. About a mile downhill with brakes on to keep the speed down and to spare the tyres a bit. Nearly rattled my eyeballs out and that was on the Kett. with full suspension. The track then splits and another downhill mile but surface had some slightly less rough bits.
Very cold N wind as well but at least it would be behind me on the way back uphill as the circuit I used to do on a bike is impassible for the trike.
Decided I had enough and a few miles back uphill, bits of which were pretty steep with a loose and rough surface.
This is the only time I remember not enjoying a trike run and not doing it again anytime soon. Not saying never as in summer with plenty of time it might be worth another attempt but nearly all the accessible forest roads are like this. My next try may be a circuit up to my wildlife pal’s place and round another route we used to walk. This is partly main road which is not my favourite as there are long straights with fast traffic and lots of vehicles overtaking each other.
I had a potential wipe out on this road once on a bike but an approaching bus driver noticed and blocked the attempted overtake which would certainly have got me head on otherwise.

postman

Legendary Member
I have cut my fingers nails again since chemo they grow like mad.they also look really grubby they now have definite lines on the nails plus they are a dark grubby colour,they never look clean.Just checked on google and its a reaction to the drugs.There are a lot od side effects you find out about.Today had coffee with a double cancer sufferer who commented on that the drugs were a form of bleach to clear you out,and the body takes months and months to recover.

Last edited:
I don't know ! I'm not that clued up on that sort of thing! I'm more into cranks and levers sort of thing! :wacko: I thought I would get a pair of ear trumpets!

I only ask because my mother in law had regular hearing aids

I just found out my wife's aunt has the added bluetooh feature so when I was talking to her, she couldn't hear me because she was listening to something else being broadcast from her phone

my own mother has terrible arthritis in her hands & is easily confused so she can't handle hearing aids of any kind unless someone is sitting with her & putting them in & taking them out, as needed

A chilly grey day here chez Casa Reynard, interspersed with biblical-grade showers at regular intervals.

I did not have the best night's sleep, not sure why. Had intended on turning firewood into logs today, as the bins in the garage are empty, but I have no desire in getting wet. That task will have to be deferred till tomorrow. Fortunately there's enough wood in the house for later.

Instead, I have spent the day writing, watching snooker and trying to book a steward for the Midland / Central joint shows.

One of the other Household Pet judges has had to withdraw, and I've been allocated most of his classes because my next engagement isn't until August and so there's no clashes / conflicts. This includes the overall Best in Show in the Central. I normally prefer to work without a steward, but as I will now have a very big book, I need someone to do the legwork and take my results slips to the table.

I popped in here earlier today, but I do not think anyone noticed. Twas a good thing, as it was nearly lunchtime, I had only just got up, was wearing my night attire and eating my breakfast.

The good excuse is that I was not feeling well, heavy dose of brain fog. Had a long snooze this afternoon, and now slightly improved.

Hope you feel more chipper soon, hun xxx :hugs:

I got outbid at the last minute on an eBay item. :angry:

Ah, that's a bummer.

I discovered that the item I had planned on bidding on previous weekend wasn't withdrawn. The reason it vanished was because it was put on a "Buy it Now" by the seller at a vastly inflated price as I discovered last night whilst running one of my regular searches. Shame, as I liked it, but at that price I'm not biting. £15 would be fair for a department store "own brand" item. £40 most definitely isn't. I get the feeling it will sit there gathering dust for a while.

Top Bottom