Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've on a couple of occasions contacted an eBay seller when an item hasn't sold. The first one was then agreed outside of eBay, it was a genuine business. The other the seller point blank refused my offer only got a couple of weeks later send me a payment request at the price I had suggested.

I've done that on a number of occasions as well. Sometimes I've ended up with a good deal, and at other times I've been told to take a hike. Either way, you have to do your homework.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A stressful working day is completed

tom73

Guru
Off to the national theatre tonight all from the comfort of our local cinema. We are off to see a play about Nye Bevan.
Who was married to the equally social justice fighter Jennie Lee. As it happens today is OU charter day 55 years since it was granted a royal charter. Who as Minister for Arts Harold Wilson turned to when many tried to kill off the idea. Knowing she'd take on anyone, make it happen and insist on the best academic standards. She went on to be the first chancellor who when she died left the OU her private papers. On laying the OU library foundation stone. She described the University as 'a great independent university which does not insult any man or any women whatever their background by offering them the second best, nothing but the best is good enough.'
Today’s Chancellor Martha Lane Fox is an equally powerful and successful woman. A cofounder of last minute.com is a champion for digital equally and a beacon for women in business. Plus having met her she's the coolest Chancellor around.

Last edited:
Todays Chancellor Martha Lane Fox is an equally powerful and successful woman. A cofounder of last minute.com is a champion for digital equally and a bacon for women in business. Plus having met her she's the coolest Chancellor around.

I'm assuming you mean beacon. I'm not sure said lady fancies winding up on a square plate alongside eggs, beans, fried bread and black pudding... :laugh:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The coffee & cake earlier gave me a decent bit of energy which got the vacuuming done followed by mopping the kitchen floor. After which I went out for an hour's walk including posting my voting slip for the Police & Crime Commissioner election. I've not voted for any of the candidates, but instead wrote "I vote to abolish the post of Police & Crime Commissioner" across the paper.

As an aside, it would be nice to be able to go out without the need for a warm and wind/water proof jacket.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Todays Chancellor Martha Lane Fox is an equally powerful and successful woman. A cofounder of last minute.com is a champion for digital equally and a bacon for women in business. Plus having met her she's the coolest Chancellor around.

I was once on a Future Leaders panel for a professional body with her. One of us made it ... :whistle:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm having an early night because my prize Honda needs to go to the dealer because of a recall and they want it at 8am. Apparently it could go bang in a crash because they didn't fit a fuse: https://www.consumerreports.org/car...v-hybrids-recalled-for-fire-risk-a1767914456/

They need it all day apparently. Just to fit a cable with a fuse :wacko: . Ah well, at least I've taken up the offer of a free car wash given it's not been washed since just before my Mum's funeral in January.

The last time I was offered a 'free car wash', during a recall by Honda, I had to sit through a propaganda presentation to qualify for it.
I drove away with a dirty car 😂

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
If they want me to do that then they can wash the dirty bike as well that I'll be pulling out of the Honda's boot.

The last time I was offered a 'free car wash', during a recall by Honda, I had to sit through a propaganda presentation to qualify for it.
I drove away with a dirty car 😂

Oh I don't miss working for Honda dealerships 😁

Top Bottom