Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Covid jab side effect of a sore top of the arm. Bathroom shaver light packed in again last time so decided it was time to buy a new one.
Screwfix more expensive than Toolstation but far better rated so tried to order twice on the laptop a good few hours apart only to get an error message. Tried it on the mobile and no problems. So another variant on an Aldi trek coming up.
Had a fish pie mix to use up but it's too warm for a fish pie so a grilled topped omelette after first poaching the fish pie mix in 50/50 milk and water.

You could've turned that into an Omelette Arnold Bennett instead! One of life's delicious pleasures.

postman

Legendary Member
Postman is having lunch at Garforth Garden Centre tomorrow,then on Friday lunch will be in Sorby Bridge,my word this retirement lark is fantastic.

I love this light. it would be great for portraits

Talking of light this was about 7.30 in the evening today ....oh and a glass of the finest red that our local vineyard produces :
tempImagea2WauJ.png

Just nicked the base of my finger with the tip of the bread knife. Now bleeding luckily it's only a few mm long. It's in a funny place to deal with. Have to use a bit of direct pressure to stop it.

fwiw - not to stop the bleeding, but for protection as it heals, I sometimes cover finger tips with some sort of 1st aid creme, cover w/ a finger tip cut off a disposable glove, then wrap the bottom w/ a single band aide. because band aides & finger tips don't play well together

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've been to Cuckmere Haven where I saw at least 5 little egrets and a Spitfire. I wasn't 100% sure that it was the real thing until I googled it when I got back. It appears that they run flights from Biggin Hill down to the 7 Sisters Cliffs (just east of Cuckmere) and Beachy Head. Curiously, we came back via Biggin Hill.

Mike_P

Guru
New bathroom above sink light fitted with a good few expletives but we got there in the end. Flipping bright, old one was just about right for any nighttime visit.

Top Bottom