Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Local road works have moved up a side street so the bus conveniently returned to its normal route in time for todays hospital visit, given the rain. They seem to be struggling with the single deck electric buses for the local routes with at least two older diesel double deckers in use. Meant to a be a flood of electrics arriving which will probably mean the scrap yard for the bus that took me to the hospital, very neat and well looked after despite being 20 years old. Good news at the hospital but they want to keep me on the tablets another 8 weeks then review.
Used one of the free complimentary tickets on the bus companys app; thought they were five singles but turned out they are day tickets. However tapping the phone caused a negative sound, the drivers seemed use it to it and I showed the ticket counting down to 1am.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not really raining yet but just a bit damp.
Car back with new parts and the locking wheel nuts have been scrapped. Apparently the lock tool has got a bit damaged and is damaging the nuts. New nuts cost £8.99 + vat each. :ohmy:
I did point out and it was taken as intended as a joke that the garage were the only people to have removed the wheels in my ownership.
Found a lengthy diversion caused by road closure after my garage visit. No idea why but I noticed a service bus heading that direction so there must be some leeway.
I did not want to go back through the Main St which was worse than usual on the way down due to our old ferry now turned into a small cruise liner being tied up at the pier. Passengers straggling everywhere and taking the view that they have right of way on the vehicle carriageway.

I spent a very productive afternoon working on the photo catalogue for my archive. It's very satisfying seeing it coming together. While it's more to help me work out what I have, and the status of the images i.e. print / requires time in Photoshop / electronic file only, it'll also be a good reference document in its own right thanks to other info like date, venue, event, photographer etc.

I also furkled a beef rump joint out of the freezer without anything else falling out of there.

It's almost time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

Top Bottom