Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had a lovely luncheon of toasted ciabatta with luncheon meat & cheese, plus an apple, an orange and two :cuppa:

Potted on the tomato and strawberry plants I acquired on Monday, did a slug patrol under the planters, picked out the snail that was snacking on my basil and sowed some dill. Was a tad too chilly to do much else outside.

So I have been trying to figure out how to phrase the last two lines of a sonnet that I've been working on of late. Needs to a) make sense and b) must be a rhyming couplet with ten syllables per line.

Currently sat down with a :cuppa: and a biskit.

They just announced that the government wants us to have an emergency pack at home so that we can survive for at least 3 days. They didn't mention a life raft!

And the supermarkets are saying don't panic buy.

You couldn't make it up.

I've always got at least a week's supply (if not more) of long life / canned / dried stuff lurking in the cupboards along with yeast, bread flour and the like, not to mention what's lurking in the freezer and the preserves cupboard. Plus spare bog roll, cleaning products, toiletries etc. Living out in the boonies, it's how we roll - I'm not going out for one or two items when the nearest half decent shop is an eight mile round trip away.

I don't have a life raft, but I *do* have a large tin bath! :laugh:

Mike_P

Guru
Rain seemed to run out overnight.
Work visits this morning were initially a car version of Sundays bike ride. The horrible, larely narrow and usually avoided by bike, Knaresborough Golf Club to Minskip stretch of the A6055 would have been even more horrible on a bike with two lengthy lengths of single lane due to roadworks.
The pot hole ridden road on the entry into Boroughbridge taken by the Way of the Roses still has not been fixed, suppose to be this year.
The return lead me pass into Sainsbury's for 2 x 2 pints of milk on the last day of the current personal 99p offer.
Post WAH a couple of shrubs trimmed quickly ensured the garden wheelie bin is pretty full for collection tomorrow.
Then had a mass replacing of CR2032s including one in the cadence sensor which the Garmin 530 kept on squealing about on Sunday but it kept a reading all the way. Battery tester needle did not move so that was really low, shows how little a cadence sensor needs.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Windy day but a bit damp tho’ not really raining.
Nothing much achieved but a few small jobs done and a trip up to my top shed to get a bit of pipe cut for an ongoing project to get a small bag hung on the back of the Kettwiessel trike.
A junk heap of scraps of metal and offcuts of a variety of metal and plastic bits is useful. This habit probably stems from my early distillery days of keeping a worn out distillery in production. We did get nearly everything renewed soon after which is a whole different saga of innovation and automation which had never been done before in the industry.

On the subject of hoarding I probably could feed myself for many months as I keep a good stock of nearly all essentials as even with the local coop I prefer to shop in Oban or even Fort William neither of which are easy to get to when the transport system is overrun by touroid.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Well working Day was completed earlier followed by a trip to the circus 🎪
You planning on running away?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
<Snip>
P.S. Tell Mrs GA that at least cats don't chew the furniture. Or your shoes ;)
Not so much chew the furniture as rip it to shreds - meet Furball (a.k.a. Hedges) from when I was a cat slave. This is her emerging from the hidey-hole she and her partner in crime Fatso (a.k.a. Benson) made by clawing the fabric surround of my bed. It became their go to hiding spot if ever the 'you're off to the vets' carier came out of the shed.
Hedges 05.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I knew the grass was getting long and needed cutting today, but I didn't think it was three black sacks of clippings long. I now need to make a tip run booking to get rid of it along with some scrap metal that can't go in the normal recycling bin - Saturday morning on the way to Snetterton would have been ideal if they'd open before 09:00.

Top Bottom