Muppet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
*shakes head and walks away*.

I would like to know why you react this way,its not a bad thing to do is it?

Cab

BentMikey said:
Why would a car approaching from behind cause you not to overtake?

If you're in the primary position to begin with, or at least a defensible secondary position, it wouldn't. If you're in the gutter and effectively part of a tiny fake cycle lane then things are different of course.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Tetedelacourse said:
In 1972, a crack cycle commuter was sent to prison by a Ford Granada driver for crime he didn't commit. This man promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Glasgow underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a movie maker of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can film it, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire... The Magna Team.

Starring:

Magnatom as Hannibal "I love it when an edit comes together" Smith
Cab as BA "Look at the Highway Code, Fool!" Baracas
Jacomus as Howling Mad Murdoch
And Domtyler as The Face Man

I figured if I linked to that picture, somthing like this would happen.

I love it when a plan comes together!:rolleyes:

Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse said:
FWIW (not much probably), I finally had a look at the video last night. Am afraid to say I agree with Col. I think you got honked for being in the middle of the road after the bridge and after the other cyclist.

The driver's overtake was probably a little bit close but it's not something that I personally would have pursued. I can only conclude that my riding is not up to national standard B)

But I do contest that you got shouted at "for no good reason"!:rolleyes:

ps I know it's been covered, but I was ending myself at "ever heard of the primary position?":biggrin:

OK I've had another look and... I've changed my mind. Col you're wrong, Magnatom being a cyclist of national standard was fine in what he did and the driver was indeed an peanut for beeping (as Magna was overtaking Gutterball) and then swiping him. Which he did.

I take it all back. :biggrin:

Except for the beep - he had good reason. :rolleyes:

BentMikey said:
And you avoided saying why his points and risk assessments are wrong. If you can't say why, then it shows why your opinion here is also incorrect.

:rolleyes: Why are they wrong?

That would basically be the risk assesment running through my head if I were riding it! What have I missed!:rolleyes::wacko:

Tetedelacourse said:
No Mikey was trying to get Col to back up his (Col's) viewpoint. Mikey is on your side you crazy fool.

:rolleyes:

Is it too late to have you guys break me into the VA?*

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
Exactly. Now "Quit yo jibba jabba!!!"

I somehow thought i might be wrong,in deciding i wouldnt overtake here;)
Even looking at it a few times,i still dont think i would.

Top Bottom