Music Musings...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok, I admit, I'm sat in work with the radio on, however there are a few songs / artists which make me grab the ruler and hit the radio to switch it off.
So, it got me thinking, this can't just be me who does this.

Who and what are your irritable songs, which make you want to kill the very machine playing it?

Mine currently are:
Anything by Florence and the Machine (her voice annoys me, voice slightly out of range, and trying to sound like Stevie Nicks)
Anything by Coldplay. Do they have any happy songs? Chris Martin always sounds so depressed.

That's it so far, fortunately I'm the only one in my office, so have my own station on (Absolute), whereas my colleagues have Kiss/Heart on, which then opens up a whole can of worms for hating repetitive noise (Kiss), and the same playlist, on the hour, every hour.

Not looking to wind people up, but interested to hear what people have to say, considering one of my colleagues dislikes AC/DC, given she "can't understand what he's singing".

AndyRM

XOXO
Florence and her chums butchered 'You Got the Love' which is unforgivable.

Coldplay are just dreadful.

And I feel your pain, I used to work for a commercial radio station so had this pish pumped through my head 10 hours a day.

Smashing Pumpkins are my most hated band. Billy Corgan is a deeply unlikeable fud.

OP
OP
PlymSlimCyclist

PlymSlimCyclist

Veteran
Florence and her chums butchered 'You Got the Love' which is unforgivable.

Coldplay are just dreadful.

And I feel your pain, I used to work for a commercial radio station so had this pish pumped through my head 10 hours a day.

Smashing Pumpkins are my most hated band. Billy Corgan is a deeply unlikeable fud.
I completely forgot Smashing Pumpkins.

I also share your burden.
I used to work as a radio DJ (only hospital radio), but the shows on before me used to kill me, then the locals would get their ears blasted with 4 hours of rock and roll once I was on the air :biggrin:

OP
OP
PlymSlimCyclist

PlymSlimCyclist

Veteran
Coldplay
Travis
James Bluntxx(
Sting

and the list goes on and on...

Whoops, nearly forgot all rap..
I'm so glad I started this list, that's two for Sting. Why is Sting in the list?
I agree with James Blunt. I can't stand listening to his voice when he talks. Who speaks like that these days?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Adele ... Whiny screechy monotonous row. Just get over it woman. Agree about Florence.
Neil Diamond .... Needs 5000 volts up his jacksie. Don't get me started on Sinatra FFS .....

Top Bottom