Music that makes you think...............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Always preferred this version.

View: https://youtu.be/FqOh4z2ASdk

The Living Years by Mike & the Mechanics puts me straight back to when my father died.

The Beyondness of Things by John Barry resets my mind.

While I was alone music was the only thing that no one could take from me, and I have a track for every mood.

I can see my grandad now, in his scruffy old gardening clothes, his hair blown all over the place, teasing a bonfire with his fork. He`s been gone 15 years but I still miss him terribly, this used to make him (us!!) laugh!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFbrA_P2uu0

A work colleague was in the school choir that provided the backing for this track.

He always won the "claim to fame" game down the pub by saying that he'd had a No.1 hit single and had performed on Top of the Pops.

Graham

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4249476, member: 259"]That's lovely. I love Wagner when there's none of that awful opera singing going on to spoil things.[/QUOTE]

I agree ! The orchestral stuff is stunning, but that ghastly warbly singing, not so much.

But apparently Wagner is better than it sounds...

....attrib: Mark Twain.

Don't get me wrong though, I love opera with clear pure singing - Emma Kirkby type stuff for instance - wehether early music like Montiverdy or Purcell, or modern stuff like Glass & Adams

In October 1977 I was at a concert with Dr Feelgood as the headline and the Max Hatcher band as support

At the hapf way point both bands came on to stage and announced the air crash that killed several members of the Lynnrd Skynnrd band.

The whole hall was then silent whilst they played Freebird...... I have never seen the song in the same light again, and it always brings back that night

... and on a brighter note.

I loved the book "The Snow Goose" By Paul Gallico, and the album by Camel complimented it to become one of my favourites

TVC

On our wedding day we danced alone to this in a treehouse in a Figian rain forest. I can't listen to this without also feeling the joy of that day.

Top Bottom