musical guilty pleasure .........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I have a bit of a soft spot for The Sweet. I was also secretely pleased to blag from my parents Hot Chocolate's Greatest Hits that was given away free with the Mail on Sunday a while ago .
The Doctor, I also like Tatu's All The Things She Said, it's a great record.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
And the girls in Ace of Base, I liked them too.

derall

Guru
satans budgie said:
Runrig, very heuchter teuchter and not a cool band at all but I love them.

Runrig are great, used to listen to them all the time in the early eighties - these days though I prefer Capercaillie or Peatbog Faeries

Most of my music library is Classical - mainly opera - and a bit of jazz thrown in. So I guess my guilty pleasure has to be the couple of country / country rock albums in the collection - Nanci Griffiths, Gram Parson and Shania Twain

Maz

Guru

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Isn't a guilty pleasure something most people would regard as irredeemably naff? Like John Denver or James Last. There's nothing wrong with liking some well-crafted pop for example - and Tatu were nothing if not well crafted...

My guilty pleasure is a Japanese easy-listening guitar duo called Gontiti, who play simple versions of standards - it's utterly undemanding and in no way cool at all. Oh, and Glenn Campbell. Even my wife laughs when I play him. But I think he has a classy voice and I like the very ordinary romance of his songs: Wichita Lineman is lovely.

PS: I am saying nothing about Rush because I have said everything I have to say about this abomination before!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Flying_Monkey said:
Isn't a guilty pleasure something most people would regard as irredeemably naff?
QUOTE]

Agreed... I was enjoying some Dean Friedman today... even saw him live in his heyday, good gig, great entertainer!

That should do it...

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Chromatic said:
I have a bit of a soft spot for The Sweet. I was also secretely pleased to blag from my parents Hot Chocolate's Greatest Hits that was given away free with the Mail on Sunday a while ago .

I went to see Errol Brown (from Hot Chocolate) a few weeks ago.
Have also seen Denis Locorriere (the "voice" of Dr Hook) live. :ohmy:

Cranky

alecstilleyedye said:
correct :ohmy:

i have to own up to having this 'item' in my itunes library…

quite out of character, honest…

Well now I don't feel quite as bad about:

Oh Micky you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind,
Hey Micky (ch-ch, ch-ch) Hey Micky (ch-ch, ch-ch)....

Oh dear.

Top Bottom