musical guilty pleasure .........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
It's difficult to be truely ashamed of liking anything anymore as you can put a cool spin on just about any old crap - i.e. 'loungecore'. The only records I think I'd be embarressed by is the odd one or two like Just Jack, Glasvegas etc where it's obviously me keeping a half-baked attempt to keep up with what's happening at the moment.

ChrisKH

Guru
Fab Foodie;605317][QUOTE=Flying_Monkey said:
Isn't a guilty pleasure something most people would regard as irredeemably naff?
QUOTE]

Agreed... I was enjoying some Dean Friedman today... even saw him live in his heyday, good gig, great entertainer!

That should do it...

I'm afraid to say I do have a copy of "Well, well said the Rocking Chair" somewhere.....;)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
papercorn2000 said:
Only you could post that with a straight face!
OK, I am currently listening to a C+W/Death Metal fusion band from Chad who are wowing the critics with some obscure crap.

True, but then you have to remember that I am one half of an Anglo-Japanese couple. It's not some attempt at obscurantist credibility! And Gontiti is the kind of thing your grandma would hum along to!

Guilty pleasures are proper pleasures. Far better than liking stuff because the Mojo Collective tell you it's on the approved list.

My personal weakness is for ultra-cheesy Europop and Eurotrance.
Infernal - Paris To Berlin
Cascada - Everytime We Touch
O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tea -which is one of my Top 5 favourite songs of all time.

Sue me. :biggrin:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Chuffy said:
Guilty pleasures are proper pleasures. Far better than liking stuff because the Mojo Collective tell you it's on the approved list.

My personal weakness is for ultra-cheesy Europop and Eurotrance.
Infernal - Paris To Berlin
Cascada - Everytime We Touch
O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tea -which is one of my Top 5 favourite songs of all time.

Sue me. :biggrin:

I can quite handle a bit of Europop or trance... anyone remember 'Voyage, Voyage'?

Mmm... great hair. And I love it. Eighties Europop - you don't get more cheesy that that!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Chromatic said:
Yes, I remember reading on here somewhere that you were going to see him, was it good? Did he do Emma, that is why I wanted the greatest hits really, what a great song that is.

Yes, Errol Brown sang Emma, and a lot of his other hits, "No Doubt About It", "You win again" etc. It was an excellent concert, that was the second time I have seen him live on stage.

Flying_Monkey said:
I can quite handle a bit of Europop or trance... anyone remember 'Voyage, Voyage'?

Mmm... great hair. And I love it. Eighties Europop - you don't get more cheesy that that!
Oh yes! :smile::biggrin::becool::biggrin::becool::biggrin:
Although he she looks quite terrifying. :sad:

Isn't there meant to be some kind of 80's electro cool-pop revival thing going on at the moment? Or am the Guradian misleading me? ;)

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've got Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons greates hits and the best of Wham. They are both fun but embarrassing. I'm not at all embarrassed by my ELP CDs although I thought the vast majority of prog rock was awful.

Top Bottom