My 1st clipless moment!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bugner

Just rading a previous thread that mentioned clipless moments. Had my 1st today. Have been clipless for a couple of weeks for my commutes. Today was out with the Mrs and went a bit ahead, decided to circle slowly to wait for her to catch up and just circled a little bit to slowly and a bit tightly.

I have to admit, I felt a right plonker lying on my side with my bike on me and still clipped in. Grazed elbow and knee and a couple of toots from a laughing passing motorist.

Was getting confident with them, not so cocky now:blush:!!

I've not had a clipless moment......since my last clipless moment :biggrin:, welcome to the club.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Always happen when you get too cocky.
Welcome into the large club of clipless moments, its brilliant fun isnt it. :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Welcome to the club, it happens to all of us, eventually, and yes you always feel a fool immediately after it happens :biggrin:

DinasBran

Bugner - I had my last (near) clipless moment under the same circumstances, only I managed to get my foot out of the pedal just before I toppled over. Still, it doesn't stop your heart from rushing up to your mouth. At the moment I'm having a slight problem clipping back in once I've stopped and started off again. It seems to take 2 attempts and always at a critical point like trying to cross a really busy and fast road.

Keith Oates

Janner
Bugner, you've just joined the same club as most of us but just remember care is needed not to subscribe too often. Yes we all feel stupid when it happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
What i found was funny was the foot i wanted out had come out, but it was too late. :biggrin:
DinasBran, this is where riding with one foot comes into play. I used to go one footed and shoot off. Also riding in a group, i often got a push from someone to get me going if we were going across a junction.

Slim

Über Member
After going clipless for 2 years I had my first 'moment' this morning.

In my case at least it's probably down to complacency. When I'm in traffic I get ready to get my feet down quite early. This morning I was almost doing a trackstand.

Oh well - nothing got damaged and at least the passing pedestrian asked if I was OK without laughing.

doyler78

Mine was the old pull one foot out and lean the other way moment and pull the chain off at the same time in the middle lane of 3 lanes of traffic. The drivers looked more shocked than laughing. I think they probably wonder how the hell anyone could fall off a bike :wacko:

Most of us have been there

Top Bottom