My 99 pence bargain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Jesus - £8 for jockey wheels

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I need to get some shorter recessed allen key brake bolts - so hard to find shorter ones.
SHORTERWP_20160617_08_04_25_Pro.jpg
SHORTEWP_20160617_08_04_17_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

The downtube converters look great. Just need to add some bar tape and..... the used rear cassette does not like playing with the brand new chain, it's jumping jumping jumping, so new cassette on order.

I'm also not liking the campag shifters I have but they will have to do.
And I can't quite get the tripe mech to get onto the smallest cog, a bit more fettling
And the rear mech wants to take the chain into the spokes, which is exactly how I ended up needing a new frame in the 1st place.

midlife

Guru
Nice :smile:. Are the front and rear brakes a matching pair?

Shaun

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

Nice :smile:. Are the front and rear brakes a matching pair?

Shaun

They are. And I went and gave a set of Ultegra shifters to another forum member, so I will be shopping (The left was only a double anyhow)

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

Have just done a proper full on run with the bike, with a steep hill section. These are the remaining issues.

Crankset is slightly loose, BB is fine, I just managed to leave a slight distance / gap when installing so the crank can move across slightly - not good.
Rear gears - gears keep dropping down to smaller and smaller cog. Annoying. Not indexing I guess.
Front gear - after much difficulty setting these up and getting them to span all three rings, surprisingly I was able to drop the chain off the smaller cog (onto the frame) - Also annoying.

Other than that, it was a joy

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Have just done a proper full on run with the bike, with a steep hill section. These are the remaining issues.

Rear gears - gears keep dropping down to smaller and smaller cog. Annoying. Not indexing I guess.

Other than that, it was a joy

did you use new chain and cassette ?
and or check chain tension

Top Bottom