My Amazon Fire seems to have died on me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This is my worst nightmare. I've had my Fire for nearly ten years and use it loads every day. There's loads of stuff on it which I wouldn't want to lose. I know some stuff is on a cloud somewhere but I wouldn't have the foggiest how to transfer that if my machine went bust. I'm not convinced all the stuff is on the cloud either, I know books I've got through Amazon are but other stuff? Who knows, I certainly don't and part of me is happy muddling along until something goes wrong.

Books and stuff will be recoverable, as will any app settings but you'll need to re-load them if the tablet dies. Same with phones TBH. It's easy if you change your phone and the old one works as they have the ability to transfer everything, but not when it's dead.

We've two Fire 10's in the house - MIL's old one that's a bit slow, and my wife has a newer one (still over 5 years old), but she's not used it since she treated herself to a fancy touch screen laptop with one and a half screens - it has an extra touch screen above the keyboard.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
If you have access to a laptop or PC, log in to your Amazon account and see what the back-up/synch settings are. I can't remember of the top of my head, but all your purchases, subscriptions, back-up will be on there somewhere. If you can't find it all my mmuddling around, google how to find it. IME the Amazon platforms have their annoyances but eventually you can view/retrieve all of your activity one way or another

Just tried this myself, log in to your account, go to My Account - down below you can click on photos/media and all of the stuff is in there. I must have (unintentionally) allowed Amazon Photo to synch with my phone, as all my pics and videos are on there including all pics sent to WhatsApp etc. Other things like ebooks will be in your purchase history. If you get a new device, you log in to your account and it should restore all your old stuff. Most of it is cloud storage so you have the option to download to a device (which will require a huge amount of space) or to just view it via the cloud. Same principle for Google photos, MS OneDrive etc etc depending on what device you have and what your backup settings are. But with Fire it will just be Amazon-based cloud storage of course.

All my photos are backed up to 3 different clouds, in case I ever lose my phone or if I have to delete all phone storage to free up space

Top Bottom