My best ever average mph.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Went out for a 20 miles ride yesterday and achieved my best ever average speed: 14.7mph. Very chuffed with that so I must be getting fitter . My stepson son wants to do the Great Orme on Sunday so we will if the weather remains good.
Well done. It is rewarding to see your average speed going up.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Went out for a 20 miles ride yesterday and achieved my best ever average speed: 14.7mph. Very chuffed with that so I must be getting fitter . My stepson son wants to do the Great Orme on Sunday so we will if the weather remains good.
Well done. Also, how good it must be to do the Great Orme? I have done it in the car :mrpig:, but on the bike I am sure it would be great, especially on a good day. The views over to Puffin Island, Anglesey and Conwy are fantastic, enjoy :sun:

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well done. Also, how good it must be to do the Great Orme? I have done it in the car :mrpig:, but on the bike I am sure it would be great, especially on a good day. The views over to Puffin Island, Anglesey and Conwy are fantastic, enjoy :sun:
And there is a cafe at the top to recover.^_^

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
So, are you now officially super fit or have you turned pro? :laugh: :okay:
The Great Orme is.the road going round the Orme and do able as I have done it before. The Orme on the other hand, is the road that starts from where the tram is, ( where we had our fish and chips) and very very steep. Not for me. Nickyboy has promised to have a go at it one day.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The Great Orme is.the road going round the Orme and do able as I have done it before. The Orme on the other hand, is the road that starts from where the tram is, ( where we had our fish and chips) and very very steep. Not for me. Nickyboy has promised to have a go at it one day.
Ah - I just had a look at it on my OS map and can see what you mean!

Slick

Guru
Well, he is 46 and I am 66 but I didn't want him to think I was past it so I led all the way until we turned back after 10 miles, then he left me but I still felt good. Very little wind that day coming from the side. He rides a Giant Defy 1 and me a Cube Peloton.
It's quite often the way isn't it. I quite like challenging myself against a fitter stronger rider. It doesn't seem that long ago that I played a lot of golf with my dad and his pals, who would enjoy testing themselves against me. I could throw the ball further than they could hit it but they would still beat me fairly regularly and it took me years to figure out why.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well done. Keep it up and you can you can only get better. Age is just a number and so is your average speed. There are a couple of riders in The Friday, one late 60's and the other early 70's that would give most other cyclists a good run for their money.

Top Bottom