My best ever average mph.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well done. I suspect the Great Orme average will be somewhat slower
I don't expect miracles doing the Great Orme , especially after doing the 10% road going into Llandudno first, for those who know it. Climbing is my weakest link.

Lee_M

Guru
I don't expect miracles doing the Great Orme , especially after doing the 10% road going into Llandudno first, for those who know it. Climbing is my weakest link.

mine too, oh and flats too, and downhills :-)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just assumed that it [climbing] was everyone's nemesis.
I am in my 60s and quite heavy but I don't have a problem doing longish climbs (7 or 8 km in length) or steepish climbs (up to about 20%; I DO struggle much above that) ... BUT I have very low gears on all of my bikes AND I climb as slowly as I need to.

Whizzing up long, steep climbs ... ok, I can't do that! :laugh:

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am in my 60s and quite heavy but I don't have a problem doing longish climbs (7 or 8 km in length) or steepish climbs (up to about 20%; I DO struggle much above that) ... BUT I have very low gears on all of my bikes AND I climb as slowly as I need to.

Whizzing up long, steep climbs ... ok, I can't do that! :laugh:
I was up your way last week end, even saw a sign for your town. ^_^ On Sunday morning, I saw a lot of cyclists but noticed that the roads are always up and down, not many level roads. You lot must be pretty fit with those roads.:okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was up your way last week end, even saw a sign for your town. ^_^ On Sunday morning, I saw a lot of cyclists but noticed that the roads are always up and down, not many level roads. You lot must be pretty fit with those roads.:okay:
The valley roads are pretty flat but the traffic is bad. The best views and the quietest roads are up 'on the tops', such as here, on yesterday's forum ride ...

Road towards Cross of Greet.jpg

Sixmile

Veteran
I had 2 second consecutive 100+ mile days on Monday (105.1m) and Tuesday (103 miles) and managed 17.2 and 17mph respectively. It was through pretty decent flat lands through the centre of Ireland with each day including around 3000ft of climbing. On the fantastic Athlone to Mullingar greenway yesterday I managed 19.2mph over its 27 miles which I was well chuffed with, 14 minutes quicker than my last attempt! It's bound to be at the top of my best ever averages.

Top Bottom