My bicycle wasn't stolen, just borrowed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Happy69

Regular
I came out of the shop and my bicycle wasn't there, I will admit I hadn't locked it, CCTV didn't show the guys face and I couldn't be bothered calling the police as I'm getting a brompton soon (the hybrid bike is not very good)

The next day, one of the staff rang me up to say the bicycle was outside the shop, the same guy brought it back

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I came out of the shop and my bicycle wasn't there, I will admit I hadn't locked it, CCTV didn't show the guys face and I couldn't be bothered calling the police as I'm getting a brompton soon (the hybrid bike is not very good)

The next day, one of the staff rang me up to say the bicycle was outside the shop, the same guy brought it back

He brought it back?

I wouldn't know whether to be grateful or insulted!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You cant even look after a rubbish bike and now you want a nice one like mine :0)
IMG_20190102_151906.jpg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
A guilty admission from my warward youth... a couple of 'friends' stole a car from a garage forecourt (i was just tagging along, honest guv), they drove it around the lanes for an hour and put it back exactly where they stole it from. They stole it again the following night and put it back a while later. The third night the keys were no longer on the sun visor so we left it alone. ...i figured i'd best distance myself from those two. Probably the first mature decision I ever made.

400bhp

Guru
In the early 90s I bought a Ford Fiesta off my mate for £60. I got loads of use out of it but it got to a point when half of the exhaust had fell off and was pretty loud. Someone took it off my drive. I heard it go but couldn’t be arsed to chase as knew they would be too embarrassed to go far. Turned up half hour later a mile away.:laugh:

In the early 90s I bought a Ford Fiesta off my mate for £60. I got loads of use out of it but it got to a point when half of the exhaust had fell off and was pretty loud. Someone took it off my drive. I heard it go but couldn’t be arsed to chase as knew they would be too embarrassed to go far. Turned up half hour later a mile away.:laugh:
Someone nicked my Sister's car at her old house. The neighbour caught him trying to push start the car, the battery was flat :laugh:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I used to have a slightly dodgy neighbour in the late 80's/early 90's, who was into the rave scene of the time and used to like his pills. One day a worthless old banger I used to own disappeared from where I'd parked it and reappeared later in the day in a slightly different spot, as the previous space had been taken in the meantime. No damage and nothing missing. Found out later that neighbour had wanted to move a batch of E's and borrowed my motor as it wasn't known to the police, whereas he had previous form and his own car was on their radar! The cheeky bugger did at least fill the tank right up before returning it, no doubt to keep me sweet so I didn't kick off about his "borrowing" without asking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom