My Boardman CX is being upgraded to a Chinese Carbon CX frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Well I am struggling with the rear mech setup, it's not something I usually have a problem with. All the cables and outers are new and I have just pulled it all out and started again. On the front big ring I can get the shifting working sort of ok but not perfect, but as soon as I go to the inner ring it's all to pot.
I suspect that there is an alignment issue at the rear so I really need to check this out with a rear mech alignment tool, which I don't have

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Well I am struggling with the rear mech setup, it's not something I usually have a problem with. All the cables and outers are new and I have just pulled it all out and started again. On the front big ring I can get the shifting working sort of ok but not perfect, but as soon as I go to the inner ring it's all to pot.
I suspect that there is an alignment issue at the rear so I really need to check this out with a rear mech alignment tool, which I don't have
Made up a quick and dirty rear hanger alignment tool, sure enough it was miles out.
Fixed that and it indexes up Ok now.
Had a quick 14 mile shakedown ride and all is well
2014-05-06%2011.00.32.jpg

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Off topic Do the belts track ok on the machines when after hanging up or is no different to coiling them up in a carousel :tongue:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Gone for standard BSA bottom bracket, my Boardman BB30 is a right PITA so it put me off them
mate at work had similar issues with the BB30 however, wheels were decidedly dodgy on the Boardman he bought. However its all gone carbon crazy now up at EH11 4YY :smile: Planet X carbon road bike bought buy my work colleague and I have a Raleigh Militis 3, you on Strava ? Might need to set up a group for RM folks :tongue:

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Off topic Do the belts track ok on the machines when after hanging up or is no different to coiling them up in a carousel :tongue:

Those are iLSM belts, just easier to grab one when needed

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
The front fork mudguard mounting is not what I thought it was. The rear is a threaded insert so the mudguards mounted up ok, but the front is just a hole right through the forks, in fact it is 55mm long so I am going to have to source a long stainless bolt later on

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Picture of the bike in full commute mode, final weight is 10kg
Rear is a Magicshine MJ818 with a 2 cell battery pack below it, front a Bikehut L1200 with a 4 cell battery pack bolted onto the bottle cage mounts.
I think the guards are made by Giant to fit their range of bikes, quite narrow and close fitting

2014-05-09%2017.21.47.jpg

Top Bottom