My Carrera Zelos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L14M

L14M

Über Member
Update:
First ride with clipless pedals, they make such a difference! I only had a moment once too, and in front of quite a nice looking girl :cursing::cursing::cursing:
All in they help a lot! I'll be taking them for a longer ride tomorrow.
Liam

young Ed

Veteran
Update:
First ride with clipless pedals, they make such a difference! I only had a moment once too, and in front of quite a nice looking girl :cursing::cursing::cursing:
All in they help a lot! I'll be taking them for a longer ride tomorrow.
Liam
haha! LOL sorry just trying to be modern and cool! (something i'm not when wearing ex-military clothing and an ex-police trench coat and a real outdoors hat!)
don't worry the clipless moments happen to every one and it always happens when there is no one kind and helpful about to help you up and instead there is a fit bird staring right at you thinking what a twat! :B) :hugs:
Cheers Ed

Last edited:
OP
OP
L14M

L14M

Über Member
haha! LOL sorry just trying to be modern and cool! (something i'm not when wearing ex-military clothing and an ex-police trench coat and a real outdoors hat!)
don't worry the clipless moments happen to every one and it always happens when there is no one kind and helpful about to help you up and instead there is a fit bird staring right at you thinking what a twat! :B) :hugs:
Cheers ED
I did actually say, hello to her but...
#bloodycyclists

Looking forward to tomorrow!

young Ed

Veteran
I did actually say, hello to her but...
#bloodycyclists

Looking forward to tomorrow!
true on the #bloodycyclists it seems every none cyclist hates cyclist or at least have views and opinions about cycling matters they have no experience or knowledge on
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
L14M

L14M

Über Member
Advice, i have the wheelset sitting here, do i put the r501 on the rear and keep the front stock or wait and do them both?
Liam

OP
OP
L14M

L14M

Über Member
£50 ;)

nazzurro19

i have this bike and im loving it, were the upgrades worth it ive currently hit 40mph+ on mine down an okish hill im pretty sure i can get 45 though if i peddled a bit more

OP
OP
L14M

L14M

Über Member
i have this bike and im loving it, were the upgrades worth it ive currently hit 40mph+ on mine down an okish hill im pretty sure i can get 45 though if i peddled a bit more
Honestly, yes!

The SPD SL's change your perception of handling. You feel more in control handling wise but also in sprints you really push the bike hard!

The wheelset, its a hell of a lot lighter. I've not fitted them yet though!

Liam

nazzurro19

yeah spds and shoes are next on my agenda , i dont know weather its worth putting money into the zelos, as its such a basic bike or maybe getting a better bike to start with then upgrade

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
yeah spds and shoes are next on my agenda , i dont know weather its worth putting money into the zelos, as its such a basic bike or maybe getting a better bike to start with then upgrade
Get the spds then consider saving for a better bike and you can keep the zelos as a winter/back up bike as you really need a spare in case one is in the shop for repair , thats what i tell the wife anyway :smile:

Top Bottom