My chain length

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andywinds

What anyone's thoughts on this, I have I gone too short? I thought I did a good job of following the clip!

Attachments

• IMG_20170818_135051.jpg
    IMG_20170818_135051.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 66
Can't say from that photo.

To see if it is too short, shift to Big/Big. It should not point forward more than 45 degrees.
To see if it is too long, shift to Small/Small. It should not point backwards more than 180 degrees.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Can't say from that photo.

To see if it is too short, shift to Big/Big. It should not point forward more than 45 degrees.
To see if it is too long, shift to Small/Small. It should not point backwards more than 180 degrees.
Ok thanks, I think it's short, that's another KMC chain down the toilet!

S-Express

You won't get further than halfway up the cassette with that chain length, before the whole thing eats itself..

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

You won't get further than halfway up the cassette with that chain length, before the whole thing eats itself..
Yep, it's only quiet in around the middle of the cassette, how many links do you think I am short? I supposed to be out at 3:30. Typical. I would go to Halford, but the chance of them holding stock is slim.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Ok, I am going to order another chain, this was the one I messed up.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/kmc-x10-93-...email&utm_campaign=orders&utm_content=product

Should I just go for the same again?

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

[QUOTE 4922789, member: 9609"]why don't you just put one of the links back on you have taken off ?[/QUOTE]
I threw them in the bin.

Top Bottom