My chain length

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Park Tool reference, a bit more clearer than the film.

http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/#article-section-4

Posting here for my reference, as I won't lose it.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

[QUOTE 4923481, member: 9609"]OK, that makes more sense, I wondered whether you were worried about rejoining them - i'm sure the manual says so shouldn't, but I have many times and never had a failure.

I save all mine up and one day I will have a free chain, I take 4 links of each one so every 14 chains I will get a free one, ^_^ seriously - I think i'm only about 14 link short -[/QUOTE]
ha ha, yes, I kept al mine until this week. I've rejoined them before, a bit faffy. When I have, they never feel that smooth. At least I had a good discount on the second chain.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

I've just marked up where I think the chain should be cut for the quick link. Does this look ok?

Attachments

• IMG_20170820_100343.jpg
    IMG_20170820_100343.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

I've ran the equation and that give me 52.25, rounded down to 52. So remove to the closest usable link and this means that my previous link was short by a link!!

Wider view.
Way too long for big/big. If you shift to a smaller sprocket then the jockey won't be able to take up the slack.
Refer to the second post and apply Rule No 1:

U

User6179

I don't know how big the cassette is but is there a possibility that the rear mech is too small for that set up ?

Top Bottom