My Claud Butler will be ready for action this weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Essex Spurs

Hi all.Some child born out of wedlock (and I know who it is) stole my beloved CB Criterium out of my shed but some weeks later was reported found by some top member of the public who wished to remain anonymous.
I know it's not the world's greatest or fastest bike but it's mine and I paid for it!!!
So two tyres and two innertubes will get me zooming round the country lanes in my camo shorts socks and sandles very soon. So watch out Lycra Lads fashion faux pas is back!!!

I'm glad that you have got your bike back.

Trigger369

Über Member
Gopd that u got it bike back . Just heard on fb there of another boy who had his bike chained up in town here and some stinking tramp tried not once but twice to pinch it . And he caught him on camera . I knew what I would have done if I caught him

OP
OP
The Essex Spurs

The Essex Spurs

Good to hear that you got it back, I feel the same about my bike it's not the best but it's mine!
Very true mate.I have a question for you especially.Can you cycle from Trecco Bay to Port Talbot along the coast? When I tried a Golf Course had no cycling signs but the geezer in the bike hire shop said everyone ignores the sign and cycles through it as it supposedly isn't legal.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Very true mate.I have a question for you especially.Can you cycle from Trecco Bay to Port Talbot along the coast? When I tried a Golf Course had no cycling signs but the geezer in the bike hire shop said everyone ignores the sign and cycles through it as it supposedly isn't legal.
I don't have much knowledge of the area unfortunately, I'm further along the coast towards Cardiff. Because you mentioned a golf course, I'm assuming you're looking at using a cycle lane to go from trecco bay to port talbot. If it's frowned upon to cycle through there but everyone does it, chances are you'd get away with it but it's a risk. If it's a marked cycle path but there is the sign, ignore it if it's national cycle route you can cycle it. Again, I don't know the area but a look at google maps says that you can cycle there on roads.

OP
OP
The Essex Spurs

The Essex Spurs

I don't have much knowledge of the area unfortunately, I'm further along the coast towards Cardiff. Because you mentioned a golf course, I'm assuming you're looking at using a cycle lane to go from trecco bay to port talbot. If it's frowned upon to cycle through there but everyone does it, chances are you'd get away with it but it's a risk. If it's a marked cycle path but there is the sign, ignore it if it's national cycle route you can cycle it. Again, I don't know the area but a look at google maps says that you can cycle there on roads.
It would be such a shame because there was something magical about cycling right next to the sea and feeling the spray.

Top Bottom