My closest pass yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Overtake was terrible, but loved the 'have you got a licence?' comment! I'd have been spitting!

Dave W

Yeah was close but the militant recording horn sounding confronting cyclist balances things out. Bus drivers are head and shoulders above most morons on the road.

Jezston

Über Member
Are you serious?

Sounding a horn in the correct manner to inform someone of danger (in this case, serious risk of a 20 tonne bus colliding with a cyclist) is 'militant'? And is in any way comparable to the driver's action?

Get outta here.

Dave W

[QUOTE 2699227, member: 30090"]You ARE a bus driver and ICAFP.[/quote]

While I admit to having D1 on my driving licence I can't accede that I'm an ICAFP because I have no idea what that is. Is that a militant cyclist term?

Dave W

[QUOTE 2699242, member: 30090"]Yep[/quote]

Damn you militant cyclist none disclosing what ICAFP means person you!!!!

D

Deleted member 20519

Looks like the bus driver has registered on this forum :whistle:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
That must have felt crazy close, I'm surprised you didn't slam on the brakes and even took a hand off the bars :O

If bus wing mirrors are anything like they used to be, they don't flex and fold in like car ones, they hurt a lot and that one must have been close!

OP
OP
M

Monkreadusuk

Über Member
30 minutes after reporting the incident to the bus company, I received this reply.

I am absolutely disgusted at the standard of driving demonstrated in this video clip as I am sure you would expect.

I have shown the footage to my Staff Manager who is equally shocked at what we have just seen and he will initiate our formal procedures with the driver in question this evening.

I can only offer my sincere apologies for this and I imagine it will come as no surprise to you to learn that I am professionally embarrassed by the our driver's actions.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Top Bottom