My closest pass yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
What "stuff we don't know"? Pure speculation! No one here knows anything about this man. But most are baying for blood like a pack of wolves.
Let me make the point, discussion of him losing his job is also pure speculation. Anyhow back to my point, the company is the one who makes the decision and not that of the complainer. The company will have his full history and will make a fair and justice decision. If they do dismiss him it will be for just reasons.

Last edited:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Let me make the point discussion of him losing his job is also pure speculation. Anyhow back to my point, the company is the one who makes the decision and not that of the complainer. The company will have his full history and will make a fair and justice decision. If they do dismiss him it will be for just reasons.
It's not all about you you know. :thumbsup:
There is no point carrying this on
It's not all about you you know. :thumbsup:
there is no point keeping on. He wants justice! Ha ha ha

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
There is no point carrying this on

there is no point keeping on. He wants justice! Ha ha ha
Yes, because saying the decision lies with the company and they will make the best decision is an exquisite example of bloodlust. It seems logical to me.
I made no judgement of what I think should happen but made point that the company will be of an enlightened position to make any decision.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Yes, because saying the decision lies with the company and they will make the best decision is an exquisite example of bloodlust. It seems logical to me.
I made no judgement of what I think should happen but made point that the company will be of an enlightened position to make any decision.
Are you for real?

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Are you for real?
As real as a zealous Evangelical infidel.

Last edited:
Reactions: gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Clearly some cyclists have never ever made a mistake whilst driving or cycling and are above the normal human frailty of us lesser beings.

I'm all for trying to improve driving (and cycling) standards but really, some cyclists are like over zealous evangelicals. It was close yes but does that justify someone losing their job because of a bit of daft driving? We've all done silly things when driving, how about perhaps acceding this fact?
You have to think about it like this.
The drivers profession is to drive, a part of that is doing so safely. Coming so close that you almost injured someone is not safe driving.

In other words, if I almost injured someone at my workplace, I wouldn't expect to get fired but I would expect my boss to have words with me about how I operate the tools of my trade.

Your attitude is the worst "yeah people make mistakes, we all do, just let them get on with it"
Indeed, people do make mistakes, and we all do. But the difference in how we handle situations is how we learn from our mistakes. If a driver isn't shown the issues with his driving then he will never learn. In some cases it may come to nothing, but in other cases the driving standard may worsen and someones life could be lost. Could be your life.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
What "stuff we don't know"? Pure speculation! No one here knows anything about this man. But most are baying for blood like a pack of wolves.
Out for blood like a pack of wolves? That's an overestimate. 1 person made a comment about the driver losing his job, 20 people have posted their opinions. 1/20 is 'most are baying for blood like a pack of wolves'

I guess I can apply the old statement of 'head cam cyclists are just after blood' to your self, you're just cherry picking comments and trying to apply them to all of us.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Out for blood like a pack of wolves? That's an overestimate. 1 person made a comment about the driver losing his job, 20 people have posted their opinions. 1/20 is 'most are baying for blood like a pack of wolves'

I guess I can apply the old statement of 'head cam cyclists are just after blood' to your self, you're just cherry picking comments and trying to apply them to all of us.
You cam people don't really enjoy cycling. You enjoy wearing your camera in the hope that an incident happens and you can film it and share it. No one is perfect, cyclists and motorists alike. But you relish in the fact that you have filmed someone committing some great crime and you can't wait to upload it somewhere.

ceejayh

You cam people don't really enjoy cycling. You enjoy wearing your camera in the hope that an incident happens and you can film it and share it. No one is perfect, cyclists and motorists alike. But you relish in the fact that you have filmed someone committing some great crime and you can't wait to upload it somewhere.

What about those cam people who have uploaded the good things drivers have done?

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
What about those cam people who have uploaded the good things drivers have done?
I take your point Ceejayh. But they will be few and far between. Just enjoy biking for what it is. Don't make it into some crusade where everything you do is on camera. I bike much, much more than I drive, but a hell of a lot of cyclists I see in London have awful road sense and habits. And it is cars that are continually persecuted.

Top Bottom