My crack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
A replacement frame is the way to go if under warranty but a cracked frame isn't always a write off, @davidphilips offers some good advice up the thread, I had a very thin Titanium frame repaired because of a crack and rode it for a year before selling it.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Dropped seat stays are to try and improve comfort, by ‘disrupting the transmitted shock’s pathway’ they do have a tendency to fail at that point though.

A classic case of poor engineering practice, which seems the norm on a lot of modern bikes. Having stupidly long seatposts sticking out of undersized frames is another example.

Tim Hall

Never mind all that, can you sort your rear brake cable out please? The way it enters the adjuster is making me itch.

bpsmith

Veteran
Its not the weld that has cracked.
Looking at it again, you’re right, of course. Actually, if anything, the weld is in pretty good shape and clearly the tube has cracked above the strong weld. First look suggested otherwise, which is my mistake.

EDIT: Looking a third time, is it the tube cracked or the top of the weld between tube and weld?

So are we all thinking the design is what caused this?

Top Bottom