My Cycling Log

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been using Bikejournal.com on and off for a while.. CC is already on the clubs page.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I kept meaning to take a look at it. Too late now.

Just out of interest, what was it that it did that the likes of Strava and rwgps don't do?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I kept meaning to take a look at it. Too late now.

Just out of interest, what was it that it did that the likes of Strava and rwgps don't do?

Tags
The main thing for me was the tagging.
ie rain, fog, ice, commute, 100 miler, audax, night ride etc of which you could then run reports for. For instance that's how I posted my rainy commute reports on the commuting thread.
It also gave you comparisons of overall mileage over the previous couple of years logs., so you could see if you are doing better or worse mileage wise, weekly, monthly or yearly.
It was a very simple database that worked extremely well.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Tags
ie rain, fog, ice, commute, 100 miler, audax, night ride etc of which you could then run reports for. For instance that's how I posted my rainy commute reports on the commuting thread.
It also gave you comparisons of overall mileage over the previous couple of years logs., so you could see if you are doing better or worse mileage wise, weekly, monthly or yearly.
Liked and agreed with all of those views.

iandg

Legendary Member
Tags

The charts option was great.

The bike log and weight were good features too. A total distance and average speed for each of your bikes and a nice chart to track weight gain or loss (I've gone from average of 89kg in 2011 to a current average for 2019 of less than 78kg).

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
For the time being and until we find a better alternative site I'm going to use Garmin connect and update the CSV file that I downloaded

LoftusRoadie

I've exported rides to CSV but very little data has transferred over - only bike, distance, average speed and time.
No date or tags. So I assume I have lost those?
People have mentioned bulk transfers. How are you transferring them - from the CSV file or Strava or ...?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've exported rides to CSV but very little data has transferred over - only bike, distance, average speed and time.
No date or tags. So I assume I have lost those?
People have mentioned bulk transfers. How are you transferring them - from the CSV file or Strava or ...?

Dates are definitely in my downloaded files.
In this format
14/08/2019​
01:06:44​
16.92​
15.21279​
32.5​
942​
276​
Normal morning commute - RainPlanet X Tempest Ti 2017

LoftusRoadie

Dates are definitely in my downloaded files.
In this format
14/08/2019​
01:06:44​
16.92​
15.21279​
32.5​
942​
276​
Normal morning commute - RainPlanet X Tempest Ti 2017

Lucky you!

DateCyclingTimeDistanceAvg SpeedHeart RateMax SpeedAvg CadenceWeightCaloriesElevationNotesRoute NameRoute LinkRoute NotesBike
########​
T
01:19:08​
15.53428​
11.77831​
Giant Rapid 2

Top Bottom