My favourite movie is...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

The Warriors
Kiss Me Deadly
Point Break
The Sacrifice - probably the film I've seen the most number of times. There's an iconic scene made as a fantastic single shot. This is the second take - the first time a camera jammed and the house had to be completely rebuilt. The scene ends a bit suddenly as they ran out of tape.

[youtube]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr5cYiRPf3E[/youtube]

U

User169

Diva.

Achingly cool...

Pretentious? Moi?

Tres enjoyable, although I prefer Betty Blue from the same director.

Some excellent movies above. How can you choose one?
I have so many faves.
My current top films in no particular order.
Das Boot.
Les Rivieres Pourpres (The Crimson Rivers) The subtitled version not the dubbed English one.
The Shawshank Redemption.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Chinatown.
The Third Man.
Black Book.
Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy. ( Apart from a poor performance by Colin Firth, who though quite capable in many other roles, in this, in my opinion he is overwhelmed by the rest of the cast)
Assembly.
Slaughterhouse Five.
Blade Runner.
Silent Running.
Life of Brian.
Way Out West.

RaRa

ET

Was the first movie I ever saw at the cinema when I was about 6 and it just amazed me, we watch it every Xmas and it still makes me laugh and cry nearly 30 years later.

gbb

Legendary Member
Duel

Or
Vanishing Point
Maltese Falcon
Passport to Pimlico
Strait Story
Ulee's Gold...

Oh yes, Duel, brilliant film.

For me, Time Bandits.
I was grinning from ear to ear the first time i watched it, i just couldnt get enough...i probably watched it every week for the next month. Couldnt tell you how many times i have watched it altogether.

Get In The Van

sooooo many good films mentioned on this thread.
mine
Star Wars,
Resivoir Dogs,
This Is Spinal Tap
Life of Brian
Holy Grail
Repo Man (original version with Emilo Estevez)
Inglourious Basterds.

U

User6179

Once Were Warriors is a stunning film, by far the most moving and emotionally engaging film I have ever seen. It is not my favourite however, that is Star Wars, and I know, in comparison it is a simple fairy tale, albeit with space ships, but it is the film I have seen more times than any other. :smile:

Certainly the best film to come out of New Zealand, the follow up didnt quite do aswell but was worth a watch (What became of the broken hearted )

Top Bottom