My fifteen minutes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Arch said:
Hope it goes well! And very glad you got a result - the lack of police interest was very depressing...
I'd say criminal. There's no way they should be allowed to just ignore that footage - it was horrendous!! ;)

Good luck with your 15 minutes, btw. :angry:

pbjohnson

I've just spoken to chanel 5 and, as long as no big story breaks, they are hoping to go out at 5 and 7 today!

Bollo, I'm looking forward to seeing a talking gorilla on the TV!

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Just done the interview. I am Ron Burgandy!

Unfortunately Kaplinsky didn't turn up, so all the wheelie practice I'd been doing to impress her was for nought.

I wouldn't say I was a natural and there where a few interruptions so we had a few takes. They could probably edit it up to say just about anything, but I hope the jist comes across. The reporter and cameraman both seemed decent gents, so I don't think I'll be stitched up ("Bike snooper attacks your right to drive!").

I did try to get across the police's lack of interest in careless or aggressive driving towards cyclists, especially after Cab's recent incident. I also mentioned that they didn't take any action in my case. I hope this gets included in the report.

Seriously, I can't watch myself on videos, so appearing on national telly (ok- channel five) is way more than I can stomach. I'll have to rely on you ladies and gents for feedback. I hope I haven't let you all down, and I'm looking forward to my first hatemail.

5pm and 7pm - Channel 5 tonight.

Paul

Good man! I am sure it will all be fine. I'm not sure I will catch the news at 5 or 7pm though, so if someone could grab it or link it that would be great.

I've just had my pictures taken for the Herald article. I've never been photographed that much, even for my wedding! The photographer suggested that they would be using two photos in the article.

It was quite funny he was getting me cycling along a road with parked cars (a busy road with limited space). He kept asking me if I could cycle any closer to the parked cars (all the while traffic was passing!) :evil:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Saw the bit on C5. Well done. I see 'Action Cameras' got a decent mention this time :tongue: :blush:

PBancroft

Saw the five o'clock. I can see why you don't like to watch yourself on TV... only joking! You did spectacularly and you should be very proud. A good piece well demonstrated by the journalist's demonstration of the bus cutting him up.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Just got back from a strategically-timed walk while Mrs Dr Bollo watched for me. I was greeted at the door by general scoff. "They only used about three seconds!" she mocked. There was probably five minutes of 'interview' to pick from covering driver attitudes to cyclists, perceived vs actual dangers of cycling and pros and cons of using a camera. I never expected all of that would be shown, I just hope that some of my well thought-out and coherent world view ;) made it past the editor's knife.

Top Bottom