My fifteen minutes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey Bollo, you don't look anything like your avatar! ;)

Well done mate! You came across as just a normal bloke on a bike! Not an inch of lycra in sight!!

Feel free to watch it, it went well.

So we have another contender for this years cycle chat oscars...:tongue:

pbjohnson

I thought you gave a great account of yourself Bollo. All the points made I thought

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I thought you came across very well Bollo - nice one.

Magnatom said:
You came across as just a normal bloke on a bike! Not an inch of lycra in sight!!
Some of us normal folk wear lycra too, you know Magnatom ;)

John the Monkey said:

Some of us normal folk wear lycra too, you know Magnatom :tongue:

Ah but not as far as joe public is concerned...;)

A little secret: I wear lycra undershorts....shhhhhhh!

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
John the Monkey said:

Some of us normal folk wear lycra too, you know Magnatom ;)

This probably means they didn't use any full body shots then. The lower half was clad in some fairly unsettling Ron Hills and an evil old pair of Shimano 'Leisure' SPDs that would grace the tootsies of the Crack Fox.

ChipSeal

magnatom said:
The Herald here in Glasgow is doing a feature on me either this week or next and I'm getting my photo taken today. Fingers crossed both your TV appearance and my paper article come across well!

:biggrin:

Well, it will be a high standard now, Magnatom!

Please do audio tape your interview. There will be controversy over what the paper will say you said. Your only protection from their slanderous ways is to record the interview to provide the context of your remarks!

Good luck!

spindrift

Good work fellas, sound points made, but why the flipping flip that presenter said:

"Now, we know some cyclists don't behave well..."

Twatting spunk monkey.

spindrift said:
Good work fellas, sound points made, but why the flipping flip that presenter said:

"Now, we know some cyclists don't behave well..."

Twatting spunk monkey.

I'm actually glad he said it. It is true and when, as cyclists, we ask others to drive carefully around us, if we don't acknowledge that cyclists aren't perfect as well it can come across as hypocritical.

Yes it shouldn't matter, yes drivers should behave despite their views on the behaviour of cyclists, but this is the real world and we have to get the message across that all poor road users should be brought to task.

Just my 3p....

Tynan

Veteran
christ bollo, your accident looks worse every time I see it, horrible, that bloke was going too fast for that road on top of everything else, did they speed it up a bit for excitement or was it always that fast, you should have mentioned what a liar the driver was

and how uncomfortable did that reporter look on that bike

the helmet top mount looks silly, how on earth does someone put down their hat when they get off the bike?

Top Bottom