My first commuting punture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Chose a good moment for my first commuting puncture. Rear tyre as well. I'd never taken a rear tyre off before never mind one in the dark and wet. I did try first to inflate and ride so that I could repair it at home but with my weight and the added weight of two changes of clothes and a pair of boots I had no choice. A few lessons learned. Carry a pair of latex gloves and a poly bag to cover the seat when you have the bike upside down. Also next time the boyfriend offers to come down and pick me up, accept rather than being stubborn independent girl.

JiMBR

hehe...

It's all part of commuting, and cycling in general.

Well done for being stubborn...lesser cyclists would've caved. :biggrin:

Duck

Latex gloves are good, and it's always worth holding on to those wet wipes you get from places like kfc etc. Tiny packet :biggrin:.

Tynan

Veteran
yes to all of that but I invariably do it bare handed

wipe them on my shorts or in a puddle and then carry on

well done for fixing it roadside, it'a good feeling to know you can do it in the cold and wet if you have to

Top marks for turning down the lift and managing it on your own, was probably a lot quicker anyway and you also know how to improve the 'experience' ifwhen it happens again.

Duck - top tip. Last time it happened to me I ended up getting grease from my fingers on the handle grips - my hands were dirty every time I got off the bike for about a week afterwards! :biggrin:

Top Bottom