My first confrontation and why it will be my last.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I see this everyday. He was a bit close but you were making a mountain out of a mole hill. All people with head cams seem to do this. What's the point of reacting like that. When you think of British soldiers who hear the snap crackle & pop of enemy bullets shooting past their ears, I bet even they don't react as much.

There reaction to being shot at is to shoot back and kill the farker shooting at them. A bit more than just shouting at them.. Sadly I cant drive a car into people who close pass me or nearly knock me off.... Not to mention they are trained for such a situation and thats part of the job. Getting close passes and some ignorant nobber trying to pass on his stupidness is not part of cycling.

Milzy

Guru
Difference being they can shoot back and kill the f***er shooting at them. Sadly I cant drive a car into them.... Not to mention they are trained for such a situation and thats part of the job. Getting close passes and some ignorant nobber trying to pass on his stupidness is not part of cycling.

I hear you & techone but I've only been back cycling for a few weeks & i'm just getting used to close passes. It's totally ***t as I used to go MTB off road before & only used the roads for a small % of the journey. I will save my reaction for when I'm knocked off then I'll probably punch them hard in the jaw. Then again two wrongs don't make a right but heat of the moment things happen. I believe every body in the country should be taking driving re-tests every few years. If you look at gas safe fitters & coded welders, they have periodical exams/tests to pass. We need to get more bad motorists off the road simple as.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I hear you & techone but I've only been back cycling for a few weeks & i'm just getting used to close passes. It's totally *hit as I used to go MTB off road before & only used the roads for a small % of the journey. I will save my reaction for when I'm knocked off then I'll probably punch them hard in the jaw. Then again two wrongs don't make a right but heat of the moment things happen. I believe every body in the country should be taking driving re-tests every few years. If you look at gas safe fitters & coded welders, they have periodical exams/tests to pass. We need to get more bad motorists off the road simple as.

We can hope. However when you hit them if you give them 3 lefts it makes a right ^_^
I'm use to close passes but I think that's a rather sad thing. I shouldn't have to be use to it or expect it when every car is going to overtake..

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Cams are great yeah, if he had hit you then you'd have the t0$$er by the balls. My point is some people with cams make something out of nothing. There's a guy on youtube from London with stacks of vids & he's just shouting wooooaaah at every car that goes past. Yes he did have a few moments when he rightly should have done, but loads of stuff he could have ignored.

Sonofthewind lol

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Not in my instructors car. Dont think he would like that. When I get my own car I probably will.

You could ask him for a kinda look back on lessons and see what was done wrong see again what was said etc. Unless its a sticky mount or something you cant put there and remove.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
You could ask him for a kinda look back on lessons and see what was done wrong see again what was said etc. Unless its a sticky mount or something you cant put there and remove.
I would probably just use some tape to secure it in place, so that it doesnt damage the car. I dont know if @gavroche is reading this though. It would be good to be able to watch back the footage and review where I went wrong. I probably wouldnt upload anything to YT though.

D

Deleted member 20519

Give us a link to your Youtube channel when the video is online ;)

Crankarm

Guru
I hear you & techone but I've only been back cycling for a few weeks & i'm just getting used to close passes. It's totally *hit as I used to go MTB off road before & only used the roads for a small % of the journey. I will save my reaction for when I'm knocked off then I'll probably punch them hard in the jaw. Then again two wrongs don't make a right but heat of the moment things happen. I believe every body in the country should be taking driving re-tests every few years. If you look at gas safe fitters & coded welders, they have periodical exams/tests to pass. We need to get more bad motorists off the road simple as.

This. You are new to some thing, find you don't like it or can't get on with it so want to change everything as it is every one elses' fault. Get real.

Top Bottom