My First Cycling Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Yep, at the grand old age of 28 and three quarters, and have been cycling since I was about 9, I have joined my first Cycling Club. Deeside CC in Banchory, Aberdeenshire.

Will they laugh like a drain as I only have a Giant which is not covered with the latest Campag gear? :thumbsup:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
not if it's like mine (macclesfield wheelers). i turned up on a bog standard carrera virtuoso and was not made to feel at all out of place.

i still ride that bike on club runs (and the odd time trial), only it is now only the frame and bars that remain from the original bike.

Noodley

Is it Deeside Thistle?

If so, you'll be okay - they have a good reputation. Some fast lads but welcoming to all standards. I see a few Deeside riders out and about on my rides.

Keith Oates

Janner
A decent club will welcome you so long as your interested in biking and all things related. Not having Campag will be a plus in really good clubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
Is it Deeside Thistle?

If so, you'll be okay - they have a good reputation. Some fast lads but welcoming to all standards. I see a few Deeside riders out and about on my rides.

'tis indeed. Got talked into joining up by the guys who run Banchory Cycle shop when I was in there recently. Will be on my first run with them on Wed, hopefully.

Mr Phoebus

cookiemonster said:

Will they laugh like a drain as I only have a Giant which is not covered with the latest Campag gear? :wacko:

You could always use them as unwilling sparring partners. :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
The Cycle club i go to didnt. I was in trainers and baggy cycle trousers with toe straps. I am on a Giant with low end stuff on it, but as i have been told many times before, "its not how good your bike is, its how good the rider is"
No need to worry:biggrin:

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
Is it Deeside Thistle?

Where abouts do you ride? Must be close to where I am?

andharwheel

I am a life member of this club.
Welcome-Come out to the league on a Tuesday if you like. You may surprise yourself with your times. Lots of different members, different bikes etc.

Top Bottom