My Firsts:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
You're doing good, keep it up, but don't forget to let yourself recover. As you get fitter, that recovery time will be less.

I remember my first commute of 5 miles. I wobbled in the door on legs made of jelly and it was the same when I got back home afterwards. Took 2 days for the legs to recover.

Now I deliberately take the long way home without even thinking about it :smile:

U

User19783

:smile:

Well done

I enjoy cycling,
when I don't have a planned route or a set time to achieve,
Just ride and relaxed, bliss.

I hope and wish you all the best achieving your goals.

vickster

Legendary Member
Good job :smile:

How are you guesstimating the calories, for a woman of average build, speed and effort, 30 per mile is probably realistic, ignore the gadgets and use the exercise as bonus for fitness not an aid to weight loss without modifying calorie consumption

Keep it up, it gets more comfortable, not easier, just quicker and further

keep it up but most of all have fun. i agree with User19783 i love the rides that i don't know the route I'm taking and have no time restraints.
try not to over do it.

OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

Well I did it. My first double commute. Really enjoyed it. There's one bank coming home that is my biggest challenge. I hope to get a little further up each time before I get off to push. It's the bank at Cox Green in Sunderand, from the Oddfellows pub towards Penshaw if anyone knows it.

It's an 8 mile journey each way for work and I can't believe I did it.

More tales of my Firsts later.......not had my first puncture yet but I did do my Hubby's for practice on Sunday. Not had my first fall and I'm not looking forward to that!

Yazzoo

Well done you, I don't want this to sound patronising at all cause I think you're doing really well - it's just hard to get tone of voice across in text!

Keep it up, you'll soon be up that hill without getting off and even realising it's there!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Nice one ! Well done :okay:
Keep it up and you will be going the long way to and from work to add the miles and smiles .

Top Bottom