My Firsts:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

I'm really astounded at the interest I am getting in this. Never thought anyone would be interested in the goings on of a 52 year old ex-couch potato, dangerously overweight, high blood pressure, getting onto high cholesterol, pre-diabetic on a bike!

Ride today took me to 58 miles in total. I was amazed at the calories I was burning but.......

My hubby had put my weight in pounds into my bike computer. The calories where whizzing off at an alarming rate. Today, he realised it should have been in kilogrammes and my bike computer thought I was 36 stone! I know I'm overweight but bloody hell I'm not THAT overweight!
Nice one ! Well done :okay:
Keep it up and you will be going the long way to and from work to add the miles and smiles .

Cuchilo - I'm a photographer and loving your avatar!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

Night all. I'm off to rub witch hazel into my a*se......that's a lotion by the way, in case you were concerned! And that's a first too..............

OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

A few cycling comments at work is really what got me intereted in cycling.....

"Always wear a helmet in case you get knocked off" - chance would be a fine thing when Im wearing Lycra!
"Buy a ladies frame, it's easier for getting your leg over" - not sure I'm ready to try that yet, on a bike with no stabilisers on
"Don't get to far back when riding in a group, it's difficult to come from behind" - no comment!
"My husband has a flourescent helmet" - has he seen the doctor?

Wafer

Veteran
I think it's great you're having a go and sharing it with us. I follow the This Girl Can twitter account https://twitter.com/ThisGirlCanUK and think it's great seeing people getting into different sports and things. Performance doesn't matter, enjoying yourself is the main thing, then the stuff like health benefits and feeling fitter are a fantastic side benefit and come naturally rather than the main goal to try and motivate yourself for.

OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

I forgot to say about my commute home last night. Hubby came to meet me on his bike and we cycled home together. At the bank I said I couldn't get up, before I got off to push, he was cycling slowly beside me, but had his head down, as if hiding his face... I asked what was wrong and he said it was the first time he had been overtaken by a pensioner walking his dog and he was hoping he hadn't been recognised. HOW RUDE!

OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

Nice! I only got the bike a week gone Thursday and I have had a recall notice from the shop I bought it from. Cannondale have recalled my bike as there is a chance that a bolt can snap and my front wheel can disengage from the forks! Good job I didn't try that hill last night, I might have come a cropper! They gave a series of numbers and mine falls within the number bracket so she is gonna have to go back. Hope they don't keep her in overnight or take her off me, or I will have to revert to my hubby's old Fusion 0250 Campagnola. Its the equivalent of a black and white TV. Works really well but looks SH*T!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Nice! I only got the bike a week gone Thursday and I have had a recall notice from the shop I bought it from. Cannondale have recalled my bike as there is a chance that a bolt can snap and my front wheel can disengage from the forks! Good job I didn't try that hill last night, I might have come a cropper! They gave a series of numbers and mine falls within the number bracket so she is gonna have to go back. Hope they don't keep her in overnight or take her off me, or I will have to revert to my hubby's old Fusion 0250 Campagnola. Its the equivalent of a black and white TV. Works really well but looks SH*T!

Sounds a bit like the skewer problem that a lot of manufacturers have been very slow to address.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/trek-issues-massive-quick-release-skewer-recall-44144/

If it just that then you will be in the shop for less than 5 minutes.

montroseloon

You will be surprised how quickly you will be getting up those hills in the end, just try a little bit more each time and afore you know it you will have cracked it. Well done on getting out and having a go

Top Bottom