My fixie project bike..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, as some may have read, Joe24, Montage, and myself are competing to build a fixed for as close to nothing as pssible.....

Joe's is finished, at a cost of £3.09 and a halfpenny!
Montage, and myself are not finished, and mine, so far has cost £0.00.

Frame/forks...
Fixie-project-frame.jpg

BB & CR...
BB-and-CR.jpg

Horizontal dropout...
Dropouts.jpg

I've never said mine will be pretty, nor quick, but the challenge has started....:biggrin:

...so, if you've got anything you can donate, which you're lkely never to use.....I'm happy to help you clear out your bits and pieces!!:tongue:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Im jealous of those mudguards on that. Id of loved a set of my old fixed.
Looks like a good frame though, is anything stuck on it? On mine when i first got it the stem was stuck, i got that free. Now the seat post is siezed in place, buts its at the right height so its ok:becool:
I think i have those, or very similar handlebars aswell. I love them, they are narrowish and the drop on them is lovely. I havent got a nice bike to put them on though, and they were too nice to chop down so they are just sat in my shed:sad:

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
Joe24 said:
Im jealous of those mudguards on that. Id of loved a set of my old fixed.
;)

Joe24 said:
Looks like a good frame though, is anything stuck on it?
I havn't got that far yet...soon tho';)

Joe24 said:
I think i have those, or very similar handlebars aswell. I love them, they are narrowish and the drop on them is lovely. I havent got a nice bike to put them on though, and they were too nice to chop down so they are just sat in my shed:sad:

Well they'll stay where they are, cos it's all about money..isn't it...!:thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to it, it'll be cool to get it working well for me.....!:biggrin:

Joe24

stoatsngroats said:
;)

I havn't got that far yet...soon tho';)

Well they'll stay where they are, cos it's all about money..isn't it...!:thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to it, it'll be cool to get it working well for me.....!:biggrin:

Just strip it down, if anyone asks just say your taking it apart so it fits better in the garage/shed. Then slowly build it up. Then wheel it out and when asked, just say you have had that bike for ages, you just didnt use it much;)
Or wheel it out, say tadaaaaaaa, then get on it and ride off fat before many questions are asked;)

Joe24

stoatsngroats said:
Yep - I will, but have to wait until it's mine.....;)

So you have it, but it isnt actually yours
Thats it, im going to contact the person and make him sell it you for £3.10;)

montage

God Almighty
Oooo very nice bike for the project!

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
Tel said:
How you getting on with this?

I'm determined to finish it as soon as I can, but need wheels...!

I'm still locating bits and pieces for it, rims, spokes etc..
I've had a lilght finger injury, which is healing nicely now, and I've got two weeks to wait for the 'Green light' to start....;)

It's gonna be a little while before i can complete it, because my intention is to do it for absolutley nothing......!
Pics will be posted as I progress though! :biggrin:

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
bigfella said:
What wheels are you after?

Well, I'm after a fixed 16t sprocket, on a strong 700c wheel, which is straight and true, and FREE! (which I realise I may never come across!:sad: ) not too bothered about what tyres may fit, but at the very slimmest a 23.

And, a 700c front wheel, also straight and true! I'm probably gonna try ro build up my own, with what I can mange to scrounge legally, or pay next to nothing for! :sad:

I'm convinced I can make a fixie for nothing - it's just getting the bits together and then the learning curve to make them into something half useable as a fixe taster!

What have you got.....? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :sad:

bigfella

Über Member
I've got some black wheels, 36h. Just had 5 spokes replaced and the bearings changed in each hub. It has a 9 speed casette on it at the moment but you could convert to singlespeed cheaply.

Not free though!

Top Bottom