My fixie project bike..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stoatsngroats
bigfella said:
I've got some black wheels, 36h. Just had 5 spokes replaced and the bearings changed in each hub. It has a 9 speed casette on it at the moment but you could convert to singlespeed cheaply.

Not free though!

Thanks bigfella.....it's tempting, but I've no spare cash, and I would lose the 'joe24/montage/S&G competition to build the perfect fixie for bugger all!:sad::biggrin:

Good man tho'......:sad:

bigfella

Über Member
Sorry mate, I just paid the LBS to do the work on them so can't let them go for nothing but don't want much for them. You know where they are.

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
bigfella said:
Sorry mate, I just paid the LBS to do the work on them so can't let them go for nothing but don't want much for them. You know where they are.

Ooohhh......tempting............ :sad: (But, like you say) - I know where they are....:sad: to you mate...!

Tel

Veteran
stoatsngroats said:
I'm convinced I can make a fixie for nothing - it's just getting the bits together and then the learning curve to make them into something half useable as a fixe taster!

Use the link I posted previous and put a wanted ad on Freecycle for a "mans racing bike any condition". Chances are you'll get some rusty old heap but it will probably be salvageable and it will almost definitely have a freewheel which you can whip off and fit a fixed cog then re-dish the wheel as I did. But then you might not get anything...

If you are after something for nothing its worth a shot.

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
Tel said:
Use the link I posted previous and put a wanted ad on Freecycle for a "mans racing bike any condition".

Believe me, the sussex freecycle group is a bit......erm...........small.!

I've got other irons in the fire, and I'm progressing slowly, I'll get this sorted shortly....:biggrin:

Top Bottom