My folding bike adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
K

Kies

Think of them at T shapes on the end of the bars. Weird at first as ~I like to stretch out but I soon got used to it and so much more comfortable than my alu xlites as they are rubber molded over a metal clamp. I used to have to loosen the old bar ends with an allen key to get the wheel magnets to connect for a compact fold - a faff and a half. Much better now.

So the bike can still fold with these added? I don't want to affect that aspect of the bike

OP
OP
K

Kies

Another question folks. The bike has Schradar valves, and the seatpost doesn't contain the intergral pump. What is the best pump to keep in my rucksack (commuting).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Another question folks. The bike has Schradar valves, and the seatpost doesn't contain the intergral pump. What is the best pump to keep in my rucksack (commuting).
I've got one of these. Effectively a portable track pump, and it works very well.
Or buy a post pump (pricier, but it's on the bike of course).

chugsy

The fold is unaffected. Any part of the ends I recommended that may contact the bike will not cause damage as they are rubberised - unlike my Xlites which have a knurled finish :sad:

My seatpost pump failed when I needed it after 4 years - I guess the seal had degraded. I gutted out the internals to save weight and carry a conventional minipump like this:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/topeak-pocket-rocket-mini-pump/rp-prod2904

as your tyres, like mine, are large volume/low pressure, I don't need anything super duper. For the extra few quid though, StuAff's recommendation is worth it for the convenience of a foot peg.

Top Bottom