My Freddie Grubb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I mentioned earlier this week on my facebook site about the arrival of a bike sized box , well that box contained a Freddie Grubb as shown in the pictures .

Unsure how old it is the gent i got it from thought it was the 70's , i am not convinced for some unknown reason .

A quick run down is that its a 20 1/2" sized frame (Poss 531) frame and fork numbers match at 21261 . Mixed set of make 10 speed gear system ie Triplex band on levers , simplex slide type fr mechanism and shimano altus rear with an unknown make 80's crankset .

A nice set of 27 x 1 1/4" weinmann alloy rim wheels laced on to unbranded hubs , weinmann 730 fr & rr calipers operated by an old pr of either CB OR GB levers complete with barrel adjusters .

A short 70mm SR quill stem and a glorious set of GB Maes Stratalite alloy bars and finally a 26mm Steel set pin

In reality its a bit on the small side for me but a longer stem will help .

tips my fishing scales at around 12kg so not too heavy at all
FG5.jpg
FG1.jpg
FG2.jpg
FG3.jpg
FG4.jpg

So far i have only ridden it once around the cul de sac and its nice

And yes that modern saddle has to go

Many thanks goes to @Tony Raynor for doing the collection and packing up of bike

Any help in trying to date it would be great

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
@biggs682 the crank is Spanish I think. They did campy clones.

Glad you like it, couldn't let it go to just anyone as I think it deserves someone who really cares about bikes.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That is really very nice. I would have thought it maybe even from the sixties. It's in lovely condition. Do you think the paint is original?

midlife

Guru
The head badge I recognise from my era which is the 70's, before that the badge was a bloke on a bike........

FHG.jpg

Shaun

wisdom

Guru
I mentioned earlier this week on my facebook site about the arrival of a bike sized box , well that box contained a Freddie Grubb as shown in the pictures .

Unsure how old it is the gent i got it from thought it was the 70's , i am not convinced for some unknown reason .

A quick run down is that its a 20 1/2" sized frame (Poss 531) frame and fork numbers match at 21261 . Mixed set of make 10 speed gear system ie Triplex band on levers , simplex slide type fr mechanism and shimano altus rear with an unknown make 80's crankset .

A nice set of 27 x 1 1/4" weinmann alloy rim wheels laced on to unbranded hubs , weinmann 730 fr & rr calipers operated by an old pr of either CB OR GB levers complete with barrel adjusters .

A short 70mm SR quill stem and a glorious set of GB Maes Stratalite alloy bars and finally a 26mm Steel set pin

In reality its a bit on the small side for me but a longer stem will help .

tips my fishing scales at around 12kg so not too heavy at all View attachment 56032 View attachment 56033 View attachment 56034 View attachment 56035 View attachment 56036

So far i have only ridden it once around the cul de sac and its nice

And yes that modern saddle has to go

Many thanks goes to @Tony Raynor for doing the collection and packing up of bike

Any help in trying to date it would be great
That sir is very nice indeed

Top Bottom