My Freddie Grubb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User42423

I mentioned earlier this week on my facebook site about the arrival of a bike sized box , well that box contained a Freddie Grubb as shown in the pictures .

Unsure how old it is the gent i got it from thought it was the 70's , i am not convinced for some unknown reason .

A quick run down is that its a 20 1/2" sized frame (Poss 531) frame and fork numbers match at 21261 . Mixed set of make 10 speed gear system ie Triplex band on levers , simplex slide type fr mechanism and shimano altus rear with an unknown make 80's crankset .

A nice set of 27 x 1 1/4" weinmann alloy rim wheels laced on to unbranded hubs , weinmann 730 fr & rr calipers operated by an old pr of either CB OR GB levers complete with barrel adjusters .

A short 70mm SR quill stem and a glorious set of GB Maes Stratalite alloy bars and finally a 26mm Steel set pin

In reality its a bit on the small side for me but a longer stem will help .

tips my fishing scales at around 12kg so not too heavy at all View attachment 56032 View attachment 56033 View attachment 56034 View attachment 56035 View attachment 56036

So far i have only ridden it once around the cul de sac and its nice

And yes that modern saddle has to go

Many thanks goes to @Tony Raynor for doing the collection and packing up of bike

Any help in trying to date it would be great

I'm afraid my knowledge of classic lightweights is very limited. However, I would think it is 1960s, rather than 70s. Could the frame number 'literally' be the year 21/2/61 or 2/12/61. Sorry I can't be more help.

peteanspach

Not sure exactly how old mine is , think around 1963 frame no 20655

Top Bottom