My insurance paid up today and so I got a new.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One of my bikes got nicked a couple of weeks ago, my household insurance covered it, and I received the money today, so I went out and bought a brand new............ Reclining leather Sofa chair, the payout wasn't enough to cover the cost of the nicked bike. I hate insurance companies.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Sofa, so good !

screenman

Legendary Member
Did you take the first offer, a friend of ours was going to do that and got me involved, offer went from £2,700 up to £6,300.

One of my bikes got nicked a couple of weeks ago, my household insurance covered it, and I received the money today, so I went out and bought a brand new............ Reclining leather Sofa chair, the payout wasn't enough to cover the cost of the nicked bike. I hate insurance companies.

"One of my bikes got nicked a couple of weeks ago, my household insurance covered it, and I received the money today, so I went out and bought a brand new" So far so good. At this point I was thinking of posting "Finally, an insurance does something right!" Then I read the rest. That's normal, and it's one reason why I avoid insurance wherever I can. Even had they paid out in full, you would have paid that back in increased premiums which, ironically you may end up paying now anyway.

Sofa king chuffed for you ^_^

Rowano

I got a sensible payout from home insurance a few years ago. I can't justify bike insurance though for the best part of £200 for a bike work £1k with some add one. But, of my bike was nicked again I'd expect my insurance to pay up. Catch 22, innit.

Top Bottom