My jockeys are squeaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I found that new jockeys £15, new derailleur £25 so after about five or six thousand miles, new derailleur it was.

pawl

Legendary Member
And I've taken them off and cleaned them 'cause they were minging but they're still squeaking. Other cyclists are avoiding me, I'm sure. No one likes a cyclist with squeaking jockeys.

No seriously they are. I've eliminated the back wheel by taking it off, holding up the chain and rotating: They squeak. It's not the BB, it's definitely the jockey wheels on the rear mech. They've been off cleaned, greased. Off cleaned, lubed and finally sworn at in a fluent and colourful way but they still squeak. Do I need to replace them or am I missing a trick? 4000 miles by the way.

Has the elastic perished.

Go commando problem solved.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

You can all rest easy. I found a few dry links on the chain which I'd previously missed, so my jockeys weren't squeaking and my finely attuned squeak detection had in fact, deserted me.

Of course it was wind still and raining yesterday, so there's a minor chance it's still squeaking but I'll need a tailwind to hear it.

Top Bottom