My life flashed before my eyes

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by NigC, 19 May 2010.

1. NigC

NigC New Member

Probably the scariest moment in the 21 months (wow, has it really been that long) since I started cycling regularly: I got overtaken by a silver BMW driven by..... my wife :sad::eek::smile:

It's an experience I never want to repeat :thumbsup:

2. gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

HAHAHAHA! at least you have lived to tell the tale.

3. Mark_Robson

Mark_Robson Senior Member

She was probably thinking about the insurance money.:sad:

4. RecordAceFromNew

RecordAceFromNew Swinging Member

Was she on her way to meet Prince Charming? :sad:

5. OP
    OP
    NigC

NigC New Member

I wonder how the insurance claim would go if she run me down..... she's a named driver on my insurance :sad::smile:

6. marinbearvalley

marinbearvalley New Member

Wanted you to confirm that the indicators weren't working?? :sad:

7. OP
    OP
    NigC

NigC New Member

No, I think she wanted me to adjust the nearside wing mirror for her :smile:

8. Norm

Norm Guest

My wife came past me today on the way home from picking the kids up. I was worried about her going into the ditch opposite she had given me so much room.

For once, though, I didn't mind so much kids hanging out of a car and shouting at me. ;)

9. OP
    OP
    NigC

NigC New Member

Yeah, it's not so bad in this case :biggrin:

I had my daughter sticking her tongue out at me :biggrin:

10. Wheeledweenie

Wheeledweenie Über Member

Hehe, I scared my dad recently. He's a painter and decorator in a big white van so I shouted 'Bloody van drivers!' as I passed him. He turned round ready to shout before clocking me. He'd given me lots of space but it was worth it for the look of shock.

11. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

just came to this thread.. clicked it open and thought it was Vernon at first.. have we got duplicate avatars going on then...?

12. OP
    OP
    NigC

NigC New Member

No. He may have been here before me, but mine's a self-portrait, his is just a picture of Shrek ;)

13. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

I've cycled at a fair pace up to an ASL before, just near home (the one in my vid where a Merc driver overtakes pointlessly (and badly) as I'm doing 20+mph and the lights are red)... only to hear a car approaching from behind and then beeping at me. :smile:

I was turning around to scowl at them for beeping for no reason... only to see my Wife waving at me. She nearly got a naughty gesture before I clocked who it was! :smile::biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice